Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curse of the black (paint) 993 owner.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 09:04 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Dan,
How's the Rejex working out for you? Just got a bottle for a test, but afraid to put it on because it doesn't seem as easy to get off as Zaino...
Old 08-31-2004, 09:48 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JPS
Dan,
How's the Rejex working out for you? Just got a bottle for a test, but afraid to put it on because it doesn't seem as easy to get off as Zaino...
So far, so good. We've had regular rains so my car is overdue for a wash. I found it very easy to apply & remove (used my PC for both). The PC applies a very thin coat so maybe that's why I found it even easier to remove than Zaino. However, the next day (after curing?) there was a film which would fingerprint. I gave it a microfiber wipe down & all was good. It has no fillers, so it's comparable to Z2, but not Z5. It did leave the car feeling slicker than fresh Zaino, although it's now about the same as Zaino after 6+ weeks (a few washes & a bunch of drives in the rain) so I assume it's wearing off. Based upon results to date, it may not last quite as long as Zaino in my relatively harsh daily driver environment. Time will tell.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:55 PM
SteveL1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're going to own black cars, I have TWO , you need to accept a cetain amount of flaws or you will drive yourself nuts! BradB has taught me everything I know and for a SHORT period of time after going through the whole routine, the cars look AWSOME!!! Once you pull out of your drive way, all bets are off. The wife uses hand lotion which smudges things when she closes a door, birds aim for your car over others, it always rains on your side of the road, etc., etc.

I keep telling myself that it's just a car, it's just a car. But find myself starting the whole process over at the first sign of some swirls! I'm bound and determined to make my next car silver or something...............but a clean, polished, black paint job just does something for me!
Old 09-01-2004, 07:20 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For those who don't know first hand, SteveL1's swirl free black paint absolutely glistens. It may be true that "BradB has taught (him) everything," but Steve's become a detailing guru. I continue to learn a great deal about detailing from Brad & Steve. They're both respected St. Louis sutomotive resources. Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Curse of the black (paint) 993 owner.....