Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Anyone have anything negative to say about Rejex?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 04:33 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have anything negative to say about Rejex?

Seems pretty much universally praised on this board. Just wondering if there were any bad experiences. Ordering now and plan to start on the mini van and move downwards from there (or upwards).
Old 08-27-2004, 04:38 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 110 Posts

I put it on a windshield, and it smears a little where the blade changes direction. It is very easy to buff out with a dry cloth and a few light passes. So far, I am very pleased. My car certainly stays cleaner. I just took a long trip through rain, and the car usually gets a film on it, but this time it didn't it looked and felt clean.
Chuck
Old 08-27-2004, 04:45 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

The only thing I can think of is I will have to stop driving it for at least 12 hours, waiting for it to cure
Old 08-27-2004, 05:24 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Real results are no better than a premium treatment.

Finicky application... do not apply in any sun (Doh... wait till it rains?)

Easy to apply though.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Monique
Real results are no better than a premium treatment.
I disagree. The water/rain spot repellant qualities are much better than any other wax I have used, including Zaino.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:55 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 874 Likes on 531 Posts

Used it on wheels of 911 and Cayenne. Just make sure you really buff it off as the first couple times of washing the wheels the mixture of brake dust and water was pretty slimey. Seems better after a few washes and lord knows I do that a LOT because I hate dirty wheels and I haven't found any decent aftermarket pads yet for the Cayenne and probably won't find any for the GT3 that won't affect performance...
Old 08-27-2004, 06:01 PM
Evan
Burning Brakes

It also leaves a nice finger print if you touch the paint (by accident of course). So I guess it is picking up oils and leaving a smudge.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:23 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any Preparation tips?

If I were to make the leap to Rejex, what should I do in preparation for application? In other words, should I try to strip the Zymoel off my car by using dawn or some other harsh soap or wax removal product? Does the prep have a significant effect on the qualities of Rejex?

Thanks,

TD in DC
Old 08-27-2004, 06:38 PM
Kerrysatx
Intermediate

I would not say that this is a negative comment of the product...but when I used this recently for the first time, I applied to the hood and front fenders at once. This was a little too long, and I should have done one panel at a time. The dreid a little, and even with vigorous rubbing, the product dos not look right on the hood. All other sections were put on and off quickly....and they look wonderful.

I applied in the garage, admired my work, and drove to work the next morning with a BIG smile on my face. That is until I got rear-ended by an F-250! He was only going about 8 mph (1750 in damage). However, I bet the damage would have been MUCH MORE EXTENSIVE had I not had the ReJex on (if I had time for the second coat - the truck would have simply wiped off).

The body shop guy did comment on how great the 'wax job' looked!
Old 08-27-2004, 08:41 PM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

TD,

This is what I did-and there is some controversy on the first part. I used Palmolive (not Dawn and I have no good reason for the decision-felt right) dish washing detergent to get the old wax off. I then clayed the car (autopia.com has the directions) and applied two coats of rejex with 12 hours between coats and twelve hour curing time after the second coat. I took a while but I wanted to do it right. Looks good.

Al
Old 08-27-2004, 09:01 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's 3 weeks after the application of the second coat and I have to say that my daily driven 993 has stayed much cleaner. I usually wash my car every sunday and over the last two weekends there has been no need for a full wash. Just a quick spray and wipe with a spray detailer and it looks great. I used zanio for the last year and my car never stayed this clean.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:10 AM
993RS
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nothing negative here. I find it great and am really satisfied.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:39 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I am very tempted to hold my tongue inasmuch as there was a past inference that I might be a shill for the company or that my waxing poetic (pardon the pun) was motivated by the possiblility of earning a free 16 buck bottle of the stuff. Holy cow Batman, can you imagine that?
Anyway, I will say that I am still very impressed with the shine on all parts that were applied with Rejex. I have not had a need to wash the car yet. I have just wiped it down with a microfiber rag and some detail spray. The wheels stay clean because I make it a habit of brushing them off constantly with a very soft brissle brush. No water, no mess and they come up clean as a whistle.
To be absolutely honest, I did notice a fingerprint problem but am willing to put up with a quick wipe here and there to have that shine.
So far so good, I may never use another product again. Oh, the results are oustanding on my diecast models cars too, really.

Quick Reply: Anyone have anything negative to say about Rejex?