Rear Speakers Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 357 Likes on 211 Posts
Default Rear Speakers Not Working

It is a stock unit. I have done some trouble shooting to no avail. I swapped out the Nokia Amp with another one and still no sound to the rear speaker. I checked the wires on both speaker and they are attached. I pulled the radio out and all of the wires appear to be securely attached. I adjusted the head unit controls. Any ideas? TIA
Old 08-26-2004, 04:38 PM
TamiyaGuy
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

The pre-outs on the head unit may not be producing sound for the rear channels. Or your fader is broken and it's only sending to the front. The next step is really to see if your headunit is at fault.

On the older CR-1 models, I've come across three different ones where the internal amp has failed on a single side. So, it's not that unusual. Can't speak for the Becker unit in the newer 993s though.

Thanks,
peter
Old 08-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Jack Ennuste
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a problem and not.

I use only front speakers to create sound field. Its quite unusual to listen symphony orchestra, backways? Upgrade speaker in the front doors to component 2 way DynAudio's or analog and enjoy hi qiality frontal sound field. Stock rear units are crappy anyway
Old 08-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Peter, Jack, thanks for the imput. I figured it out. Went by a local radio shop and found that BOTH rear speakers were bad. Go figure.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:36 PM
TamiyaGuy
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

Yes, that does happen. About a year ago, I lost both the left front and back speakers at the SAME time. Fooled me into buying a new deck only to discover that the speakers were blown.

Go figure...
Old 08-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

I would have figured that I would have one go out then another. Or perhaps some static out of them. But they were both dead. If it wasn't for the radio shop I would have done the same as you and bought a new head unit.

Quick Reply: Rear Speakers Not Working