Old 08-24-2004, 04:59 AM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laguna Seca Video - last one

ok - here is one of my clean laps....

click here for the video

kim - i'm waiting for your helpful suggestions...
cheers,
boris
Old 08-24-2004, 09:25 AM
CMMTracknut
Instructor

Hey nice video, how come you don't keep it on the floor through one? Looks good through the front section. Remember to be on the throttle through 4 and 6, helps to keep the car settled. In 8-9-10 you really need to not pinch the exits. Coming out of the corkscrew the car can come out just a bit and the the transition into the right hander is not all the way out but short straight before 10 you should be all the way out on the right coming back across to the left not holding it in tight, again between 10-11 let the car track out to the left. Otherwise looks good. Why does that instructor talk so much? Did you ask him to continue to walk you through?
Old 08-24-2004, 11:30 AM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

you are right, i shouldn't lift on one. just haven't conditioned myself to not lift.

i agree i'm pinching the exits down the cork screw. i didn't realize how much i was pinching them until i watched this video. I really need to work on that, it should allow me to carry more speed.

and the walking tour was just part of the package....

this wasn't my fastest lap, but i didn't properly turn on the camera for my 2nd session that had a faster lap in it. so i was probably getting better but i'm not holding with Tom and Martin yet...

I will say that having the video is a big help!

Cheers,
Boris
Old 08-24-2004, 02:31 PM
NeedPorscheSpeed
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boris, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your video. Thanks for sharing! It also reminded me of how much I love the sound of a Flat 6!
Old 08-24-2004, 02:38 PM
Derrick B.
Racer

That instructor's voice sounds very familiar. I think he might have instructed me once up at Seattle Intl (now Pac Raceway Intl).
Thanks for the video Boris. Wish I could have been there that day.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:27 PM
nman413
Drifting

Boris, I was totally being chicken and lifting for 1 and after a ride with mooty and realizing it was okay not to lift, it clicked. Now it's a blast to go blasting over the hill
Old 08-25-2004, 09:45 AM
CMMTracknut
Instructor

Boris, it is really great that you are looking at your videos critically. They can be a great learning tool. As always you need to drive within your limits. You will get more comfortable in some of these areas and you will find that it is faster and the car is more settled(which is arguably safer too).
Wrek Me Otter, man I wish I could ride with you too. Maybe I will tow out there again this time with my "Guards Red Zonker." Next big trip will probably be to VIR and Barber Motor Sports with NNJR.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca Video - last one