Roll bar in a 95 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 01:06 AM
jnnking
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boris,
According to Danny the heigo is not PCA legal. Where did you get yours? Do they have a website? The site I found www.fvd-usa.com does not come up.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:30 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim, Boris is (painfully) aware that his bar is not approved by PCA. We remind him of its limitations fairly frequently as he can never come out and play on PCA time trial weekends. We simply do our job of keeping friends aware of the fun they are missing and how they can correct the problem
Old 08-24-2004, 03:29 AM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

you are correct. the roll bar is not legal because they do not allow alluminum roll bars. however, they make a steel version as well and i would think that one would be pca legal. as a sidenote the aluminum bar is FIA approved. I'm really not trying to sell it - but i do think it is the best roll bar i've seen for the 993 from quality, asthetics and attachments.

If i had to buy another i would just buy the steel version. so does anyone believe the steel version is not PCA legal?

Cheers,
Boris
Old 08-24-2004, 10:25 AM
jnnking
Addict
Rennlist Member

How do I know which are PCA approved and which are not? I've seen many positive comments about the DAS but the one from IO is 1/3 the price and seems about the same.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:57 PM
Rick964
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure the Heigo steel bar is not PCA legal either. Last time I checked into the Heigo bar it had too small a diameter and too narrow a wall thickness. PCA requires 1.75" diameter and a 0.120" wall thickness, the Heigo was only 0.090" thick if I recall correctly and while I can't recall their diameter I am pretty sure it was under the 1.75" requirement.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:18 PM
jnnking
Addict
Rennlist Member

For me, it comes down to the DAS for ~$995 and only a few holes in the floor. Very simple and can be removed to resell the car down the road and for weekend street use.
Or the I/O Port for ~$300. In addition to floor holes, it requires holes (and possible cut upholstery) for the rear mounts as well.
Anybody install the I/O Port??
Old 08-25-2004, 12:51 AM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Jim,
As a fellow chicagoan who has done numerous DE events around here, let me just say that I honestly have no idea why it matters to us that a bar is PCA legal or not. AFAIK, nobody in this area, be it the various PCA regions, Audi club, whatever, will deny you participating in any type of DE event because your bar is aluminum or the walls are too thin or whatever. Racing is another story, of course, but it doesn't sound like you're going racing. I didn't and wouldn't rule out Heigo because it's not "PCA legal" whatever that means.

Quick Reply: Roll bar in a 95 Cab