993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 C2 at Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003 | 02:19 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by pig4bill:
<strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">In California he has to sign a form certifying the odometer is correct. Every seller does, so if there's a "break" in the chain of certifications, i.e. a form signed that says the true mileage is not known, the California DOT probably has a record of it.</strong>[/QUOTE]

If true and assuming that the previous owner correctly attested to the 100K+ miles on the odometer 7 mos ago, then the record should appear on CarFax, wouldn't it??
Old 03-09-2003 | 01:04 PM
HueyN
Advanced

David,

The first owner never did correct or report that the odo was replaced to the DOT. Hence, it doesn't show up in the carfax report. The car had all it's work done since new at brumos porsche...so, the full record can be pulled by calling them. All the future potential buyer needs to do is to call brumos and ask them what the mileage read the last time they worked on the car.

Kim, I'll try to communicate this to ebay and see how far that goes. I'll also send them the info i have.

Thanks
-Huey

Quick Reply: 95 C2 at Ebay