Sponsored by:

Apology to Todd Serota and TracQuest

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 12:45 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 526 Likes on 348 Posts
Default Apology to Todd Serota and TracQuest

The other day put up a post that has been interpreted by some as a negative comment re. TracQuest, and the safety of their driver events VS POC events.

It was never my intent to say or imply that an a driving weekend with TracQuest would not be as safe as a POC event based on driver "quality".

In my opinion, an opinion shared by hundreds and hundreds of satisfied customers, TracQuest is a first class event with incredible instructors, at the best driving venues in the US. The events are safe and incredible fun, with outstanding accommodations for the attendees, notwithstanding world class instructors. I have been to two (2) TracQuest events; my observations are from personal experience, not hearsay.

If anyone wishes to speak to me on this, send me a private e-mail with your cell phone and I will call you back at a time that is convenient for you. Give me a 2 day lead time so we can get our schedules in synch.

Below is an apology note I wrote to Todd today. This is a formal retraction of my earlier post.

Todd,

Mea Culpa...my head was in my ***...I am very sorry. I will add another retraction...I already posted one....what was I thinking? In fact, I will post this very message after I send it to you.

It seems the more I add, the deeper the hole gets. You know, I know...as do literally hundreds of people, that TracQuest events are safe with world class instruction. You simply can't get a better group of instructors anywhere.

As far as POC and other clubs, they have their share of incidents..as we both know, racing and high speed driving are inherently potentially dangerous, regardless of the club. You do a great job, as an example, the Ducks In a Row technique, of teaching the basics, and insisting that newby drivers have an instructor with them at all times.

Me being Membership Chairman for POC....that just happens to be some volunteer work I do. POC nearly seems to be self sustaining. They don't need much help from me.

In conclusion, my earlier post was not well thought out and I apologize for any difficulties or confusion I may have brought about. Please send me a "crow" for my immediate consumption, as soon as possible. You have my address.

Sincerely,

Last edited by Martin S.; 08-23-2004 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Language inadequate

Quick Reply: Apology to Todd Serota and TracQuest