Bubble in my tire....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 12:02 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bubble in my tire....

I guess 7k miles out of my rear P-zeros was too ambitious. I think I have less than 4k miles on them, installed in March and now there's a quarter-sized bubble in the driver's side rear tire. Dealer sounds doubtful, but said to bring it in and they'll see if it's a warranty issue. I bought these 996 5-spoke wheels with tires on them from the local dealer. Anyone have any experience with this? What are my chances?
Old 08-18-2004, 12:08 PM
jdoc7
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rick,

Is the bubble on the sidewall? You may be able to have it replaced at a pro-rated price, assuming you don't do DE's or autocrosses. 4K seems a bit low.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, I do DE's. Have one event on these tires. Bubble is on sidewall, just above end of spoke.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:55 PM
StevoUK
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rick

In my opinion its a tyre designed to do the job - not to fail. Its a fault.

Its a warranty issue - what would they be saying if it blew on a hot day at 75mph?
Old 08-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Changing it is certain. If you get an adjustment, it's a bonus. Good luck
Old 08-18-2004, 01:53 PM
volpenyc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've also had the same issues with bubble on my P Zero Rosso's as well. TWICE. But I am hesitant to say that it's a manufacturing default, because of the crappy state of the roads here in NYC...
Old 08-18-2004, 01:53 PM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you're sure you or someone driving your car didn't hit a curb or something? Never seen a tire bubble on the sidewall w/o an impact.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't remember hitting an large bumps recently and my wheels are in new condition. I have a buddy whose Khumos got huge bubbles and he never hit a pothole. Luckily, the warranty admin. at the dealership is my tenant, so he's gonna just take a look and let me know. If PCNA gives no satisfaction, I'll try with Pirelli. $600 for new rear tires after 4k miles is a bit unacceptable.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:39 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rick
If there's no impact damage, it's a Pirelli (not PCNA) warranty item at any authorized Pirelli dealer. Replacement is free for 1 year from original purchase & thereafter:

After the initial warranty period, if a Pirelli tire becomes unserviceable due to workmanship or material anomalies, the owner must pay the cost for a new Pirelli replacement tire on a pro-rata basis. The authorized Pirelli dealer will determine the cost by multiplying the percentage of the original usable tread worn by the current dealer selling price. The owner must pay for any associated service charges, including mounting and balancing of the tire.

The owner, when making a claim under the terms of this warranty, must present the tire along with proof of purchase to any authorized Pirelli dealer.

Excerpts from Pirelli's warranty.

Quick Reply: Bubble in my tire....