Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ooops... welcome aboard!!

Now, become a Rennlister.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:01 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

All great posts and great information.... I understand and agree with the coaching that excellent service record and condition is more important than number of owners or miles.... For the cars I have seen so far, less owners and less miles have equated to better condition, cleaner car.... however I realize that that will not always be the case...

I know its probably a pain in the butt to answer all these new guy questions, but it sure is helpful...thanks again.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Dr. No
Race Director

Received 403 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
All great posts and great information.... I understand and agree with the coaching that excellent service record and condition is more important than number of owners or miles.... For the cars I have seen so far, less owners and less miles have equated to better condition, cleaner car.... however I realize that that will not always be the case...

I know its probably a pain in the butt to answer all these new guy questions, but it sure is helpful...thanks again.

This is why I joined as a member even though I still haven't found my 993.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:23 PM
Tom Pepper
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mr sullivan,
Welccome to the search and the process of getting really smart about these cars. You have received the benefit of much experience and wisdon garnered from lots of owners who have dealt with these cars for several years. There is no perfect or easy choice, especially since most of these machines are out of warranty.
Let me give you another tack...go for a really high mileage car that has been exceptionally well cared for. My car, for instance, has already lived the future of the car you seek. The upper end has been rebuilt, the steering rack has been replaced, the rust under the windshield has been repaired, the suspension has been updated, the CCU and all the servos have been replaced...and the beat goes on. Not only will such a car be $$$$ cheaper, much of your impending major repair concern will have been addressed.

Just MHO

Tom
Old 08-18-2004, 05:12 PM
Watch My 6
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK Mr. Sullivan,

Here's something to get you started in your search (no affiliation or interest).

'97 C4S -- Bay Area, CA
http://www.craigslist.org/pen/car/39682677.html

Happy hunting,

WM6
Old 08-18-2004, 06:04 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

By the way, if anyone is interested in trading for my 2004 M3 w/6k miles....4yr/50k full warranty...pristine.... great if you need a back seat and trunk... (i know - barking up the wrong tree here)

:-)
Old 08-20-2004, 12:06 AM
Craig MX7
Intermediate

If I can interest you in a '96 C2 with a GT2 aerokit I just listed mine in the classifieds. All the problems that commonly occur on these cars have been addressed - valve guides, SAI ports, Suspension. The differencein the responsiveness between this and the 4wd cars I have driven is night and day. Plus it comes with a 9 month bumper to bumper warranty. Check out ad#3227

Last edited by Craig MX7; 08-20-2004 at 11:38 AM.

Quick Reply: The Hunt Begins for a 993