Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California SF Bay Area body shop? (Crunched)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 04:53 PM
jgmurray
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Del's by all means. A true artist and craftsman, and a gentleman to boot. He just completed a flawless repair on my front right fender.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:37 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think EMC in Fremont is excellent. They do all the work for Claridges.

They would be my standard of comparison.

I have no affiliation.

My experience with them is someone keyed my silver M5 and the result of their work was perfect.

I'm extremely picky and they passed the test.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:06 PM
mdsqwerty

I just visited Del's place for advice on my Light problem and he helped me soooooo well. This man not only knows what he is doing but he was very kind and helpful PLUS he helped me with my problem free of charge. This man knows what he's doing and isn't greedy like most bodyshops out there.

OH YEAH, i saw the car that was wrecked on Dumbarton inside his garage...man..not too pretty...
Old 03-11-2003, 03:25 AM
Knute
Advanced

There will now be one less '98 Carrera S on the road- the insurance company determined that the repair costs will be in the neighborhood of $45K, and they are totaling it out. (sigh)

USAA has been very pleasant to deal with, and the market value they are using for the car appears to be very fair- it's still under negotiation, so I can't talk numbers for those of you interested in what the valuation ends up to be until the dust settles. PCA offers appraisal services free of charge for members, but only for pre-92 Porsches, so I've gone ahead and retained Bruce Anderson to pull something together to aid me in the negotiation.

Throughout all of this, Del (Del's Porsche Autobody) has been an absolute gentleman, and though I haven't actually had him repair the car, I am very impressed by his sincerity and attention to detail. I understand he plans to retire very soon to finish up a big stack of 356 projects of his own- more power to him; he's been doing this since 1957 if I have the numbers right.

So, now I'm on the lookout for a very clean 97 or 98 C4S, and I'm resigned to the fact that it will take quite a while to find one nice enough to replace what was the most pristine C2S I've ever encountered...

Ugh.

-Knute
Old 03-11-2003, 03:29 AM
Kevin Reilly
Pro

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the negotiation part.
Old 03-11-2003, 04:26 AM
Arthur Del Mundo
Racer

Can you say "Salvage title?"

Quick Reply: California SF Bay Area body shop? (Crunched)