Sponsored by:

Instruments going crazy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 04:33 PM
geortarga
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Instruments going crazy!!!

Hopefully someone can help me with tis situation that scared the hell out of me as i was doing 160km.As i am driving the instrument lights start flashing randomly and the car was stalling.Scary thing when you are doing that speed!!!Anyways it did not do it often on the drive back home but a fiew times. I contacted my P-dealership and they told me that it is probably the generator. Has anyone heard or experienced something like this?
I have also had a problem with my temp gage.It often goes allthe way to white line under the red zone while driving the car in good weather, not in traffic and not pushing the car.The fans hi and low are working fine and i just changed the air temp sensor.Today for the first time the needle was going crazy up and down quickly.
I apologise for all this info but need some help on this.

Thank you, Nick. 1997 993 targa
Old 09-12-2002, 04:44 PM
PeanutinCA
Pro

It's a '97 so it shouldn't be guilty of the wiring harness problems of the '95s? Although, I think there is another post right now from someone with a '96 wiring issue?

Try some searches?

Here's another possibility : <a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/forums/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=004840" target="_blank">link</a>

Good Luck,
Dylan.
Old 09-12-2002, 05:05 PM
J-McDonald
Pro

For the warning lights, it sounds like you've got an electrical problem somewhere. It may be a short somewhere in the system, a bad ground, or it may be the generator is spiking. My '91 C2 did it, and it turned out to be a wire in the distributor shorting out.

As for the oil temp, that is DEFINITELY not normal. Do a search for "oil" on this board and the 964 board and you'll see the posts on high oil temps.

Quick Reply: Instruments going crazy!!!