Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 TT vs. 98 Elise at BHF this weekend - WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 01:29 AM
Stevarino
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA (Brentwood) & New York, NY (Tribeca)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems odd to pay $55K for a 2000 when I can buy an '04 for 45K, and it's a bit more fettled, by all accounts of EVO and CAR magazines:

http://66.139.73.25/carconfig/index.html

It's a great drive, and I tried only the Rover engined version.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:54 AM
wjk_glynn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 510 Likes on 327 Posts

If you think 190 bhp in an Elise is quick, try 420 bhp! See the following for details:

http://www.weissach.net/Lotus-Esthi.html

Karl.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:27 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by poorb0yw
If you guys are worried about the reliability of the Toyota engine there are engine mount adapter kits to fit a Honda B series motor into the car. Incredibly reliable and immense power potential (via turbocharging).
Princeton, is this applicable to the 2000 MK2 cars? Could you point me in the direction as to where I may be able to find out more?
Old 08-17-2004, 08:44 AM
CMMTracknut
Instructor

Default Was the TT White?

Hey Ceboyd was the 993 TT White? I have a buddy with a TT that recently got Motons and better sways, just curious? He is from the Chicago area too.

I have experienced all the car discussed here. I would not get an Elise if you are taller than 5 9, with a helmet on it starts to get pretty close. At 6'0 I was a little uncomfortable. As a 993 owner I am partial plus I love the way a TT looks. The speed is pretty serious. At Mid Ohio I hit almost 145mph I dont know if I need to go much faster. The Noble is soooooo sweet. Looks kinda ricey, but I kind of like that and it feels like a super car. Small market and the prices are getting out of hand.

I guess it all depends on if you want to drive "with" people at the track or leave them in you dust!

C
Old 08-17-2004, 12:15 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CMMTracknut
Hey Ceboyd was the 993 TT White? I have a buddy with a TT that recently got Motons and better sways, just curious? He is from the Chicago area too.

I have experienced all the car discussed here. I would not get an Elise if you are taller than 5 9, with a helmet on it starts to get pretty close. At 6'0 I was a little uncomfortable. As a 993 owner I am partial plus I love the way a TT looks. The speed is pretty serious. At Mid Ohio I hit almost 145mph I dont know if I need to go much faster. The Noble is soooooo sweet. Looks kinda ricey, but I kind of like that and it feels like a super car. Small market and the prices are getting out of hand.

I guess it all depends on if you want to drive "with" people at the track or leave them in you dust!

C
yup... I can't spell his name... Slavik I think.... white TT ..really nice guy and very good driver!
Old 08-17-2004, 12:39 PM
CMMTracknut
Instructor

Default That's him

Yea, he is nice guy. He used to have a really hopped up Audi Avant and he talked about getting a Twin Turbo, then at the first event this year he pulled up with one. He had a stock suspension at the time and it was all over the place, I told him to skip PSS9s and get the motons. Must be nice
C
Old 08-18-2004, 02:37 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Here's pics of the Elise that Chris is referring to. These are action shots from this very weekend. (my cab is on page 9) Chris- I have a few more links with good pics of your cars too.

That Elise was FAST. Blew past me on the straights, though I could almost keep up in the corners. I heard his times were about 1:23 (couple seconds faster than Chris, me, et al.)

CMM- you're referring to Grattan? I remember everyone being in awe at his turbo there. I think the Audi club isn't used to seeing both a fast car AND a great driver. p.s. have we met?
Old 08-18-2004, 06:44 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Eric86Red911
Here's pics of the Elise that Chris is referring to. These are action shots from this very weekend. (my cab is on page 9) Chris- I have a few more links with good pics of your cars too.

That Elise was FAST. Blew past me on the straights, though I could almost keep up in the corners. I heard his times were about 1:23 (couple seconds faster than Chris, me, et al.)
he told me his best time at BHF was a 1:21 (WOW!)

..best Eric and I got down to was a 1:25 this time around *but so far we get faster every time we go to a track which is a very good thing (just 2 weeks earlier we were running consistant 1:28s at BHF... so our improvement made us very happy!!!
Old 08-19-2004, 12:18 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

1:21? Wow, that's great. An Audi guy claims he drove a 1:21 but I don't know that I believe it even if the lap timer said so. I don't think that could be done in a 1.8T.

Quick Reply: 97 TT vs. 98 Elise at BHF this weekend - WOW!