was there a carrera turbo s gt2?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 01:31 PM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

icerbofh
I was about the air intake not being well resolved since on the white car, the owner has done away with the intercooler shroud which is surely a backward step - My Gruppe M "ram/cold air" intake is fitted with a butchered shroud:

For a 993tt up to about 450hp, stock is best since the stock shrouding with its trumpet feeding the air intake does an excellent job. Above 450hp, the airbox can be seen sucking in its plastic (on the dyno) sides so most tuners will drill a few big holes in it, this obviously means you will be sucking in warmer air from around the engine. My Gruppe M takes the air from the spoiler intake so should give a cooler intake - that's the theory and to be fair after I fitted it my intake temps did seem to drop a little (relative to what they were before) but at US$1200+ a pop they are probably not the best bang for the buck
Old 08-12-2004, 02:01 PM
maurice97C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Harold
This is not a GT2. Side skirts are wrong. The genuine GT2 utilised the twin turbo/C2S and C4S bodyshell
Sorry, Harold, but the GT2s started out as narrow bodies .... agree with the rest tho'.

cheers, Maurice
Old 08-13-2004, 11:54 AM
bkcsr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Harold and TB993tt, the car seems to be a TT with a body kit. Looks nice tho.
cheers,
Bryan
Old 08-13-2004, 10:47 PM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by maurice97C2S
Sorry, Harold, but the GT2s started out as narrow bodies .... agree with the rest tho'.

cheers, Maurice
Dear Maurice,

I have to respectfully disagree. If you compare the lower sill of a standard narrow body car and that of your C2S, you will note the very different lower sill design especially near the rear wheel arch. On the numerous genuine Street Version GT2s in Japan and Hong Kong, they all bear the lower sills of the widebody car such as yours- clearly visible as there was no additional lower body kit to cover the original shell that they were based on (unless they were the GT2 Evo, in which case they had similar lower sills to that of the white car in question where they were fully covered up by the add on lower side skirts- though they then had very different rear bumper- boomerang style, and a very different front bumper with significantly larger air vents etc). It is for this reason that I believe strongly that the GT2 was based on the wide body shell.

Indeed, a similar (looking car) that many mistake with the flared add on arches for a GT2 was the 993 RSR- in that case the car was most definitely based on the narrow body 993.

Quick Reply: was there a carrera turbo s gt2?