Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dirty Car Syndrome!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 04:03 PM
Jagbuff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Sinfulsteve, go heavy on mods and she will never drive it again.

I installed a KEP 600Hp pressure plate, took the cats and resonators of the Ferrari - among other things - now clutch is so heavy you confuse it for the brake pedal and you stink gasoline after a short drive - no one wants ride in it anymore let alone drive it (sad part is that goes for me too...)
Jagbuff
Old 08-13-2004, 04:12 PM
volpenyc
Pro

Yeah -
I'd install PSS9s (on ball joints). Then I'd install a roll cage, seats, 5 point harness, and then embark on a journey of reducing the weight of your 993: getting rid of the A/C, the radio, windshield wipers (that'll work), and all other unnecessary weight...
Maybe she'll notice the difference in the ride?
Old 08-13-2004, 10:17 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

What's that country song about goin' home or goin' fishing.... I believe the line is, "I'm gonna miss her."
Old 08-14-2004, 01:01 AM
NeedForSpeed
Instructor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RJT 993
This all sounds so dumb, so surreal.... I'm serious, is this woman for real????
I mean... she must be great at SOMETHING or why in the heck would you still be keeping her around???

"some people just don't get it'???
I don't get it. Why in the world would anyone WANT to be driving around in a rainstorm wiith the top down? I don't care if it was in an old beat up Chevy Capri convertible with a torn top... Wet is wet.....

Do you think she did it on purpose? Does she want a divorce? Sure looks like it to me!

JoAnne
Actually I guess you have to know a bit about Colorado. When it rains in Colorado it rains hard for a few minutes then clears up to 90 degrees in a heartbeat. The theory here is.. if you dont like the weather wait a few minutes... It'll change....

Now on to the surreal aspects... NO S$%@ it surreal........... more like a twilight Zone episode. Not like she does this all of the time but I guess this was the one that drove me over the edge. The car is back to its former self as of tonight and she did in fact assist in the process..... Actually made her take the wheels off and scrub the wheels and wheelwells.

With her apologies accepted and her willingness to help she made a mend. I actually think she really had no clue for the past year what it takes to keep one of these things in show condition.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:00 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hardcore!
Old 08-14-2004, 10:27 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 348 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed
Actually I guess you have to know a bit about Colorado. When it rains in Colorado it rains hard for a few minutes then clears up to 90 degrees in a heartbeat. The theory here is.. if you dont like the weather wait a few minutes... It'll change....
Now on to the surreal aspects... NO S$%@ it surreal........... more like a twilight Zone episode. Not like she does this all of the time but I guess this was the one that drove me over the edge. The car is back to its former self as of tonight and she did in fact assist in the process..... Actually made her take the wheels off and scrub the wheels and wheelwells.
With her apologies accepted and her willingness to help she made a mend. I actually think she really had no clue for the past year what it takes to keep one of these things in show condition.
Glad she made ammends and helped clean the car up....

Sounds like it rains in Colorado just like it does here in R Can Saw.... We say the same thing about our weather. During the summer months I've seen it pour down rain out of a clear blue ski for 10 minutes or so. AND the the temps remain in the 90's and low 100's!
Now that's surreal to this transplanted 993 Girl!!!

Enjoy driving your CLEAN car!
JoAnne

Quick Reply: Dirty Car Syndrome!