Sponsored by:

Dirty Car Syndrome!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004 | 09:51 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just wash it. And wash her's too.

I get very little flack from my wife about the endless mods because she does drive the car (for errands, at autocrosses and at the track). The more she drives it, the more she's likely to not complain about it being a money drain. Washing it (and her car) is cheap support.
Old 08-09-2004 | 10:08 PM
lowblow
Racer

My wife loves the 993 but also knows that I am off the charts with regards to how I take care of it.

I have her so trained that she is scared to death to even drive it for fear of any mishap that may occur!,(her fault or otherwise).
Old 08-09-2004 | 10:18 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by GabiOsz
Remove the mirror from the driver's sun visor, that should scupper most woman drivers.
Speaking as a woman I wouldn't do that because she will then resort to turning the rear view mirror towards herself and not watch at all as to what is going on behind her, or in front of her for that matter... She is NOT a Car Gal for sure!

Not to be mean or anything, but is she a very bright woman? What you have written surely doesn't make her sound like it. Driving with the top down in the rain??? Leather Interior??? PLEEEZE.....

I say, Take the keys away and let the chips fall where they may.

Robert would never do that to my car because we are both clean freaks, matter of fact he may be a little worse than I am in that department. However, just supposing that if for some odd reason he ever did that to my car, I'd kick him HARD in a very tender spot so that he would sing Soprano for the rest of his life! Thent I'd trash his car the same way he did mine!!!!!

JoAnne
Old 08-09-2004 | 10:40 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

The dirty part I could live with. I wouldn't like it but could live with having to be the one to wash the car. But DRIVING IN THE RAIN WITH THE TOP DOWN!!! You've got to be f--king kidding me. Not cool. I'd be one pissed off hubby.
Old 08-09-2004 | 11:45 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

[QUOTE= But DRIVING IN THE RAIN WITH THE TOP DOWN!!! You've got to be f--king kidding me.[/QUOTE]

Then again, IF she was driving FAST enough, the flow separation over the windshield would keep the interior dry

Maybe this was her excuse?
Old 08-10-2004 | 12:03 AM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

washing the car gets me out of the house. go wash the car again, friend.
Old 08-10-2004 | 12:57 AM
jdoc7
Pro

You would actually trust your wife, who has driven in the rain with the top down, to wash your car? "Oops, I dropped the sponge on the driveway. Oh well, the soapy water should take care of the grit." Keep her AWAY!
Old 08-10-2004 | 01:50 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Dirty girl...
Old 08-10-2004 | 07:33 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jeez, what if she washes it with the top down?

Vic
95 C4 cab
Old 08-10-2004 | 07:48 AM
StevoUK
Rennlist Member

Perhaps she used it to impress her boyfriend?
Old 08-13-2004 | 03:44 AM
NeedForSpeed
Instructor

OK you are all freaking me out now.......Today, A week later the Cab still sits dirty in the garage. As for the rain..... She did in fact not only drive in the rain...come to find out that she thought the storm was over so she left the top down while parked in downtown Denver. Needless to say... it rained while it was parked too....... which was why the interior was so soaked.... To add salt to the wound. she put the top up on the way home (after the fact) then put it back down somewhere in between.... You guessed it.. I now have 2 holes in the top where the top pins are.....

This was a joyride from hell for me!

As of Saturday she will be Banned from the car.. I am taking Kdurg and a few other leads in exchanging car time for detail time.. education vs manual labor......

The thought of her actually washing it alone, based on many of your comments, scares me to death. I guess I just have to suck it up and deal with it!

Bottom line.... some people just dont get it!

and never will!!!

But look at it this way..... If I am ever starving I know I can find a bag of fries and half a burger in her car.
Old 08-13-2004 | 04:37 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

"Some people just don't get it"

Reminds me of the commercial where a nice car is sitting all by itself seemingly in an empty Drive-in theatre and some smoking jalopy shows up, passes the nice car, slams on the squeaky brakes, backs up then pulls in within microns of the nice car. Yeah, you can guess the rest. Funny as hell. And ya know the funniest things are always based in truth.
As long as I am rambling. I also like the commercial where the hunched over old man is shuffling down the sidewalk and out of the corner of his eye he spots the bright red Celica (or whatever) that is parked. He looks over and yells SLOW DOWN. I always get a chuckle out of that. What's this thread about again?
Old 08-13-2004 | 11:13 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed
OK you are all freaking me out now.......Today, A week later the Cab still sits dirty in the garage. As for the rain..... She did in fact not only drive in the rain...come to find out that she thought the storm was over so she left the top down while parked in downtown Denver. Needless to say... it rained while it was parked too....... which was why the interior was so soaked.... To add salt to the wound. she put the top up on the way home (after the fact) then put it back down somewhere in between.... You guessed it.. I now have 2 holes in the top where the top pins are.....
This was a joyride from hell for me!
As of Saturday she will be Banned from the car.. I am taking Kdurg and a few other leads in exchanging car time for detail time.. education vs manual labor......
The thought of her actually washing it alone, based on many of your comments, scares me to death. I guess I just have to suck it up and deal with it!
Bottom line.... some people just dont get it!
and never will!!!
But look at it this way..... If I am ever starving I know I can find a bag of fries and half a burger in her car.
This all sounds so dumb, so surreal.... I'm serious, is this woman for real????
I mean... she must be great at SOMETHING or why in the heck would you still be keeping her around???

"some people just don't get it'???
I don't get it. Why in the world would anyone WANT to be driving around in a rainstorm wiith the top down? I don't care if it was in an old beat up Chevy Capri convertible with a torn top... Wet is wet.....

Do you think she did it on purpose? Does she want a divorce? Sure looks like it to me!

JoAnne
Old 08-13-2004 | 02:09 PM
james993
Intermediate

Reason number 4,362 to not teach my girlfriend how to drive a manual...
Old 08-13-2004 | 02:20 PM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Man, if my wife drove my car without my permission, she would know it would be DIVORCE. She knows better. Since I do all the detailing of all our rides, (hers included) she has some respect for the time and labort it takes and she does help prepare for concours events. Guess I'm just lucky.

I vote for some serious mds to make it a mans car. P-SS9'w set on "1", 10X18 and 12X 18 wheels, lowered, etc.

Thenk hide the keys.

Quick Reply: Dirty Car Syndrome!