Sponsored by:

Repair/Tech Manuals

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 08:16 PM
slant911
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Repair/Tech Manuals

Years ago I was able to purchase a CD from a guy the complete tech manuals for my P-car (964 back then). Are those available for the 993 series? I'd love to get my hands on that if possible. I don't really relish the thought of buying a microfiche machine or paying the big $$$'s for the paper versions..
Old 08-08-2004, 09:27 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

There are some bootleg CD's on eBay etc. Your best, interactive and ever evolving manual is right here on Rennlist..
Old 08-09-2004, 01:37 AM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pay the big $$$ for OE originals. CDs are scanned from paper apparently, and if you'd check the archives I believe you'd find several comments on poor image quality. Plus, it's copyright violation.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:36 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 174 Likes on 104 Posts

You can buy them online from Porsche Cars North America and download them. If I recall I paid $110 per module. Beware however, if you have an issue downloading (dial up, poor speed) the manuals, it might take you 4 months and several emails to receive them on a CD, they have one of the worse customer service I have experienced. If the download is completed properly, then it is the fastest way to get them.

https://techinfo.porsche.com/techinf...e=MainFrameSet

Last edited by Jean; 08-09-2004 at 03:33 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:01 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray Calvo
....... CDs are scanned from paper apparently, and if you'd check the archives I believe you'd find several comments on poor image quality. Plus, it's copyright violation.
Agree with Ray.

In spite of the seller stating that the prints are good,(I reviewed a copy... cost $186 total)(the CD's that sell for $50 are a bigger farce yet) being copied from paper brought a definite loss of resolution. For instance, small fonts are not readable once printed and the electrical diagrams are a waste of paper.

I have the paper version... ouch!
Old 08-10-2004, 07:50 AM
Ron
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of the CD's have quite good image quality though not anywhere as good as the written manuals. Posrsche dealers, at least some, have the Porsche produced CD's which are intended for use as a backup to the written materials. Those CD's are searchable too.

Quick Reply: Repair/Tech Manuals