Sponsored by:

Got My Valentine One Today!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 08:07 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You can also use the remote control to your TV to test rear window detection. Turn on you V-1, stand behind your car, point the remote through the center of the window and see if the V-1 pics up the signal. Just don't do it from too far away as the signal coming from the remote is fairly weak.

There really is a learning curve to using these things and it comes from having experience with lots of false as well as real "bogeys."

Have a safe trip.

Old 08-20-2004, 10:11 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a K40 AND and Valentine 1 and got a nice speeding ticket today. Actually the K40 picked up the Laser signal of the pop ahead of me and my V1 didn't. However, as the K40 is new (still learning indicators, etc.) and the V1 didn't register anything, I ignored it. Well, they both went off when it was too late. I will be sending my ticket to K40 though as my laser diffuser didn't work....apparently. Not sure what I'm going to do with the V1..
Old 08-21-2004, 01:45 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I have never had a problem with the V1 in fact its saved me so much I could of bought 10 V1's now in tickets saved. It states in the V1 handbook that if you get shot by laser youre dead anyway because of the way laser is used. Its a much narrower beam and has to be aimed at the front license plate and if you get shot and your detector goes off just pull over cause your done. IF the police officer knows what car he is shooting with his laser he gets results in nano seconds so there is no time to slow down. Radar is so wide that the energy can be picked up miles away giving you ample time to slow down. Your only hope with laser is that youre car number 2 and you pick it up and get to slow down but I just dont see that happening. On the flip side the cop has to know who he is shooting and the range is shorter, giving you a small chance to see him.
Depending on where your v1 was and your K40 the beam could have been so narrow the v1 did not see it and the K40 was down by the plate, where you got shot.

Quick Reply: Got My Valentine One Today!