You got it. Will send it off tonight.
ASG
Old 08-06-2004, 01:11 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mnmblu
Huh? Can you elaborate? Snakeoil? Didn't make your car shine? All the people that have posted positive results are hypnotized? Probably by the shine, me thinks.
The shine is no better than Meguiars. I am being strictly objective about this issue.

Should you not wish to agree, it is everyone's perogative. No flame for anyone here. It is not better IMO
Old 08-06-2004, 02:06 AM
ammo_collector
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shine is often more subjective than durability and ease of application. So far, in the durability and ease, Rejex has the following beat in my book: One Grand Blitz, Nufinish, Zaino ZFX, and Meguiars.
Old 08-06-2004, 03:01 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Monique
The shine is no better than Meguiars. I am being strictly objective about this issue.
Should you not wish to agree, it is everyone's perogative. No flame for anyone here. It is not better IMO
Monique
Thus far my short (2 wks) experience w/RejeX is that, at least on my car & to my eyes, the shine is about the same as w/Zaino - no better & no worse. However, compared to Zaino, I've found RejeX easier to apply/remove, easier to spot clean w/quick detailer & less expensive. I applied it w/a PC & needed very little for my car. Shine longevity & finish durability are yet to be experienced by me. If they're good, I'll be a convert.

BTW
Assuming anyone here is interested in long term opinions of RejeX w/some actually based on objective testing, members of other boards such as Autopia.org (the "Rennlist" of detailing) & Audiworld.com have been using & posting about RejeX for over a year. But, be warned, you may find that Monique is not alone in his opinions, especially among the AR detailing "gurus" on Autopia.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:33 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ammo_collector
Shine is often more subjective than durability and ease of application. So far, in the durability and ease, Rejex has the following beat in my book: One Grand Blitz, Nufinish, Zaino ZFX, and Meguiars.

Don't know about durability but your statement about ease of application is spot on.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:48 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan 96C2 St.Louis
Monique
Thus far my short (2 wks) experience w/RejeX is that, at least on my car & to my eyes, the shine is about the same as w/Zaino - no better & no worse. However, compared to Zaino, I've found RejeX easier to apply/remove, easier to spot clean w/quick detailer & less expensive. I applied it w/a PC & needed very little for my car. Shine longevity & finish durability are yet to be experienced by me. If they're good, I'll be a convert.

BTW
Assuming anyone here is interested in long term opinions of RejeX w/some actually based on objective testing, members of other boards such as Autopia.org (the "Rennlist" of detailing) & Audiworld.com have been using & posting about RejeX for over a year. But, be warned, you may find that Monique is not alone in his opinions, especially among the AR detailing "gurus" on Autopia.

My testing was objective; before applying RejeX I began investigating the distributorship for Europe. I was prepared (really, I wanted) to be impressed. The end result only matches my normal premium product.

Your comment about waxes is interesting; a consumer group in the UK tested many different waxes and Turtle Wax came out on top. We can conclude that higher price does not mean better product. Rejex is very easy to apply though pricey.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:35 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The vast concencus here finds that most people have experienced much better results than you. What could explain that?
Old 08-06-2004, 06:26 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Your questionis perfectly valid; TBH I don't know.

I was very **** while doing the job: I wanted good results. I was prepared to "put my money...."
Old 08-06-2004, 08:35 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dan,

Just a PC question. How do you handle the used pads? Do you clean them after each use or store them in a Zip-lock bage between uses? I imagine it takes a bit of Wax/Polish just to load the pad each time.
Can I also assume you are using the standard white pad?

Thanks

Dave.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:23 AM
cjaz
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I called in an attempt to order a bottle and got an answering machine requesting i leave a message if i wanted to place an order. I got no call back, so i called again the next day, still no return call. i think they may have already lost a prospective customer. I have a feeling it will be similar to zaino anyway, which i think is way overrated. I find it hard to compare these products amongst one another b/c we are all from different parts of the country, subjecting our cars to varying weather conditions. Perhaps even more importantly everyone's cars are exposed to elements in varying degrees, so when people discuss longevity of wax, polish etc. it really should be qualified how often their car is in the sun, and rain, vs. the garage.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:34 AM
StevoUK
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres the other shot after PaintshopPro enhancement!
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2004, 09:37 AM
Evan
Burning Brakes

Stevo, Much better than my original.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:20 AM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dudley
Dan,

Just a PC question. How do you handle the used pads? Do you clean them after each use or store them in a Zip-lock bage between uses? I imagine it takes a bit of Wax/Polish just to load the pad each time.
Can I also assume you are using the standard white pad?

Thanks

Dave.
Dave
I use a black (velcro backed) pad to apply my finish product. The pad is stored in a plastic bag between uses. When needed, I hand wash the pad:

... simply add an ounce of dish washing detergent to a 5 gallon bucket and [fill] it with water. Soak the dirty pad for up to 30 minutes. After soaking, massage the pads to work out the caked in polish, then squeeze out the soapy water. Empty and refill the bucket with fresh water. Rinse the pads in the bucket of fresh water, squeeze, and set aside to air dry. Do not machine dry.

Excerpt from: Autopia.com's "How to use the PC 7424"

Last edited by Dan 96C2 St.Louis; 08-06-2004 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:38 AM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

FWIW- I called Barry Wedsnesday, and just got my bottle a 1/2 hour ago.
Oh, it smells like wax??? We'll see over the weekend.
By the way, has anyone used this stuff on their "stone guard"/ Armourshield clear plastic?
Bill
Old 08-06-2004, 01:07 PM
flatair
Racer

I have a question: why all the argument overshine provided by a wax/protectant? I always thought starting with a nice, clean, smooth, polished paint surface was more important than the protective outer layer? Just about any old wax should be buffable to a smooth reflective surface...

Quick Reply: And another Rejex 993 completed