Seat Back Hinge Covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Seat Back Hinge Covers

Has anyone noticed cracks in the plastic seat back hinge covers? Both covers on the passenger side have cracked as well as one on the drivers side. One actually fell off as I was treating the leather seats with Lexol. (Trying to stay busy between coats of Zaino.)

I have not been able to purchase a shop manual yet. Could someone provide a part number? I would appreciated the help. In the mean time, has anyone tried to glue the pieces back together. If anyone has, I would appreciate a lead on the proper cement.

Thanks, Dave
Old 05-03-2003, 03:34 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The left hand drivers seat cover just fell off. It seems that this part is held to the seat by a plastic integrated bolt/washer that deteriorated. Another disapointing 993 design flaw that when replaced will only break again in time (we should start a list of these: door check strap, spoiler wall...,etc.)

I don't know the part # but the dealer wants $100 for the part. The passenger side was "fixed" by the PO by using a metal washer on the screw to hold the piece in place.

An inelegant fix to be sure but noticable only if you are looking for it.
Old 05-03-2003, 06:51 PM
Olav A.
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me. I just went to the dealer and described the part he pulled it up on the computer. Now I have two new ones.
Old 05-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for your quick responses. I will call Sunset on Monday. I also need to order a drive shaft for the passenger seat. Things started to fall apart once I began to "Zaino" the car. Is there an inverse relationship between the gloss of the paint and the car's mechanical well being?

In the mean time, I used this stuff called "Seal-All" to glue the pieces back together. I have no idea how permanent the fix is but it should last until my order comes in. With all the advanced plastics out there - you need chemical engineer to determine the proper cement.

Now, I am off to search for the solution to a seat stuck in the far rear position. This board is a great resource.

Dave

Quick Reply: Seat Back Hinge Covers