993 Forum 1995-1998

993 door /window adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 02:30 PM
larry4370
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 993 door /window adjustment

My 993 cab was hit. After the repairs the drivers door is not really aligned very well and hits the door lock striker low, causing the door to not close without an extra slam. There is also more wind noise from the seal at the top of the window than before. Can these be adjusted? Should I try it? The shop tried once but I still think it can be improved. There is no obvious visual mis-alignment of the door, and the seams look even. help appreciated. Larry in NYC. Good body shop referral appreciated.
Old 07-27-2001, 11:36 PM
Mark in Hermosa
Burning Brakes

Larry:

Are you sure it is not aligned? or is the top of the window hitting the seal as it closes?

Close the door slowly and look at the seal on the top with the window rolled up. Is it rubbing? Check that first.

If so, the stops could be wearing out. A good habit to get into is not to roll the windows up all the way with the top down. Stop at about 1/4 inch from the top to prevent this from happening.

If not, look around the door. Is the spacing uneven? If not, refer to above. If so, have them adjust the door better. It should not happen.
Old 07-28-2001, 11:31 AM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Larry,

Was the door striker moved during the repairs? It might need to be adjusted down a little to catch the door latch directly. If you do decide to move it mark the current location for a reference point. I had to do this after repairs were done to the passenger side of my car.
Old 01-22-2002, 04:31 PM
larry4370
3rd Gear

Thanks for the suggestions. The seal sesems good so I'm going to play with thr striker as it really doesn't hit right since some body repair.

Quick Reply: 993 door /window adjustment