993 Forum 1995-1998

where is the best place for Porsche service in Chicago or Indianapolis

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 04:13 PM
Tom Gripe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post where is the best place for Porsche service in Chicago or Indianapolis

What is the best place for Porsche service in Chicago or Indianapolis?
Thanks
Old 07-25-2001, 04:40 PM
Larry T.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tom,

I have my car serviced at Midwest Eurosport in Bensenville (right next to O'Hare airport). I have been very happy with their service. They only work on Porsches there (alot of race cars), and seem to be very knowledgeable. I began going there when my car needed the 15k service and the local dealer quoted me $1100. If I remember correctly, it was about $350 at Midwest.

Hope this helps.

Larry
Old 07-25-2001, 05:36 PM
tchanson
Racer

Another vote for Midwest Eurosport. I've had nothing but positive experience.
Ask for Brian or Matt.

104 W. Irving Park Road
Bensenville, IL
(630) 595-5577

They can get pretty busy during the season, so you may have to wait awhile, although they may try to move you up if you've got an upcoming DE event, etc.

You could also try Fischer Motors in Barrington,IL who have a pretty good local reputation, although I've never personally used the shop. Much smaller than Eurosport.

Good luck,
Tim
Old 07-25-2001, 07:08 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I don''t have his number with me but I know Terry Heath at EuroMotor Works in Indy and he seems to know his stuff and is a nice guy to boot. He Club Races is 79 SC and knows how to set a track car up as well as do the more routine stuff.
Email me privately if you need his number.
Greg
Old 07-25-2001, 10:53 PM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Here is another plug for Midwest Eurosport. I took my newly acquired 993 there to lower and then align the car. They also worked on the A/C. They did a great job and was highly impressed with their service. I live in Northwest Indiana and I would drive back there for service if need be even if it means driving to Chicago.
Old 07-25-2001, 11:21 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts
Midewst Eurosport is great but the wait can be long durring the regular season, many local racers and DE guys take their cars there. I have found a great shop in the city (Chicago) Motodelta, the owner Ray races a vintage Porsche and he has sweet 993 C4S as his daily driver. This guy knows more about Pcars than anyone I've met. Great shop, very good prices and he can get any part stock or otherwise the next day. Phone him at 773 267 1700 and tell him Eric sent you.
Old 07-26-2001, 12:52 AM
JPhillips-998
Cows-4-Rent
Rennlist Member

Gotta go with Eric on this one. I haven't had any work done by Midwest Eurosport so I can't comment (other than they put on a pretty good show at the DE events). MotoDelta did a great job on my suspension (complete euro set-up)and turned it around in one day! Ray and his crew definately know their cars.
Old 07-26-2001, 09:08 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tom,
Thus far, I've had Terry at EuroMotor Works in Indianapolis do a number of things on my 993 Cab - I've got nothing but good things to say about them. I haven't had to do anything major yet but for the maintenance to date and some simple repairs, I'm really happy. I think they're good honest people - I recently had an Airbag indicator that wouldn't go off. The local dealer told me that it was a faulty sensor in the airbag and that the driver's airbag needed to to be replaced (have you ever priced one of those things?!?!?!?) Terry took a look at it and found a simple computer fault code that needed to be reset, charged me $45 and it's perfect. So far, I'm a happy customer.
Besides, they have a great looking receptionist.
Old 07-26-2001, 11:56 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by rick-fwx:
<STRONG>
Besides, they have a great looking receptionist.</STRONG>
Rick,
Easy there, I think that might be his wife!
Old 07-27-2001, 03:16 PM
maz
AutoX

Midwest Eurosport also gets my vote i have been going there for 15yrs and their work speaks for themselves but you better make an appt.

Quick Reply: where is the best place for Porsche service in Chicago or Indianapolis