Sponsored by:

Andial in Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 10:02 PM
CA993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Andial in Southern California

Just wanted to share a very recent positive experience with Andial in Southern California.

After taking delivery of a 993 TT approximately four weeks ago (my second 993), I decided to have the ROW suspension put in place, the exhaust replaced, and a number of small minor problems addressed. Intially, I took the car to a local Porsche dealer but was less than enthused with what I perceived to be an attempt at price gouging on the minor problems. On the advise of a friend, I picked-up the car at the dealership, paid the ridiculous $90 they charged to give me an outrageous quote for the work, and headed to Andial in Santa Ana.

Once there, I received exceptional service and discovered what the dealer had quoted as costing approx. $1100 actually only cost $200 through Andial in the end (Yes, I will be writing to the regional manager for Porsche NA). Over the years, I have had Porsches serviced at no fewer than 5 dealerships across the country. In my opinion, Andial's service is the best bar none. I have no affiliation with them, but only post because I myself appreciate good information when I can get it. I would highly recommend Andial to anyone in the SoCal area - very fair, very competent and very responsive.
Old 07-25-2001, 03:23 PM
Ken Fredrickson
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Orange Coast Region has had several tech sessions at Andial. They have always been very gracious and informative. When you look around and see the cars they service, you know they must be good at what they do. I have even seen a 959 in there. You made a good choice.
Old 07-25-2001, 04:11 PM
Tom Gripe
Advanced

What exhausts did you decide on for your turbo at Andial?
Old 07-25-2001, 04:54 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
I spoke to Pete Wetzel the other day. They have a 959 in there now as well as a very special Boxster that is to receive a heart transplant, it is getting a 996 motor.

Pete has always been very gracious and willing to share some of his invaluable time with me.
Old 07-25-2001, 05:51 PM
CA993
Intermediate

Tom:

I actually had the fabspeed exhaust (which was installed by the PO) removed and the stock exhaust reinstalled. Very happy with the results.

CA993
Old 07-25-2001, 06:01 PM
CA993
Intermediate

schacht993:

I agree with your comments. Pete and the others (Dieter, Kevin, etc.) at Andial have forgotten more about Porsche service than most dealership service departments ever knew. I would trust my TT with no one else!
Old 07-25-2001, 07:07 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 524 Likes on 346 Posts
"I actually had the fabspeed exhaust (which was installed by the PO) removed and the stock exhaust reinstalled. Very happy with the results.CA993."

What a perfect time to install Robin's RSR mufflers. I'll buzz by and you can hear my RSRs with just a little notice.
Old 07-25-2001, 08:24 PM
Charles Morrison
AutoX

CA993:

I agree 100% with your all of your comments about Andial. The collective knowledge of Pete, Dieter & Kevin is extremely impressive. In addition, they are always willing to courteously share it with their customers.

I've been taking Porsches there for over 12 years with outstanding results and I wouldn't think of trusting my 96 993 with anyone else.

Charles Morrison
Old 07-25-2001, 10:09 PM
JJayB
Burning Brakes

Prior to Porsche Motorsports being established, Andial was the factory shop and I know they still do some of the overflow work from Porsche Motorsports. Alwin Springer was one of the founders of Andial now runs the motorsports program.
The conections with the factory are quite valuable because they don't sell "stuff" that doesn't work. I wanted a go fast twin turbo motor that was bullet proof and with over 7500 track miles I am quite satisfied.
Just my $.02.
Jim B.

Quick Reply: Andial in Southern California