OT I am thinking of buying a '05 Dodge truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 12:52 PM
seege
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey OG
My 04 Silverado 3/4 ton extended is a towing monster.....6000 milesin 3 months and no issues.Leaving today for 3000 miles with 9000 lb load.
To me the Chevys and Fords are the most reliable and LEAST offensive looking of the new trucks.All have available extended warranties if quality is a real worry for you. 04's can be had for very good prices and incentives now.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Mike Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Does anybody here own and tow with a Titan? They certainly look like an excellent deal. The father of my friend has one, full filt LE 4dr, and it has been back to the dealer with a leaking tranny twice in a couple of months. Only used for hauling groceries at the most.

Also considering a used Duramax that I can find for similar money or a Sierra Denali. If the new Hemi Grand Cherokee wasn't going to be so f-ing expensive, I might consider it too. My current '96 does all I ever ask of it.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:33 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George A
OG,

I just picked up a 04 F150 FX4 Supercrew. The room in the back is enormous. The interior is awesome, black with silver trim and fake carbon fiber. If I get a chance later on, I'll post a pick.

My boss has a new Titan and he loves it. He tried to convince me to get one but I liked the F150 better.

George
Wanna tow to Hallett in October together?
Old 07-30-2004, 01:34 PM
WildWillard
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul -

All I've heard/read/experienced causes me to avoid the Dodges. Stick with the Ford and get a rattler, you'll get better mileage.

Other thought, buy a Landcruiser and a trailer. Space, quality and hauling...

Doug
Old 07-30-2004, 01:41 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

DOug I had a lnadcruiser and I sold it. My wife kicks me everyday for selling it.
Guys I cant to the F150 supercrew because the bed it too short. I cant do the ford F150 extended cab
becasue the back seat is not large enough for the boys.
CJ the Chevy has 0% for 60 months I will have to check them out. I like the sivlerado SS
Dodge has the perfect cab size in the quad cab. but you guys are scaring me. Plus I like the 345 Hp and 400 ft pounds of torque but youre still sacring me.
I might check out the chevy. I may go to lancaster and drive all of them includign the Titan
Old 07-30-2004, 02:11 PM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DJF1
Drove the Titan and I have been very impressed. Certainly in comparo with the new generation F-150 which I rent a few months ago, it is much better. The engine pulls very strong and the handling was impressive. Interior I like the seats and console mounted gearshift ,lots of gadgets and with me in the drivers seat ( 6.1") I went on the back seat only to find that I had tons of room and certainly my knees were not touching the front seat. Very impressive and certainly worths a test drive. Plus it has a towing rate of 9100 lbs. Handy when towing that TT on the track
What Danny said. I bought one to carry 5 people and light loads from Home Depot to do light house work, not towing. So interior room is my priority. The bonus is, to my surprise, how fun it is to drive this truck (my first one, btw). Oh, and the 5 speed tranny is awsome. But I would wait for the 2005 model. Mine has some minor glitches like warped brakes, rattle on dash, etc....But all taken care of by dealer.

Old 07-30-2004, 02:15 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Don't Titan's only have a 5.5 ft bed as standard? That's a dealbreaker for me. If you tow you'll have to fit stuff like trailer ramps, extra set of wheels, etc.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:30 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Kevin,

First I need to make sure I can make it in October. My wifes birthday is on the 3rd and my sisters on the 4th. If by some chance I get away with it, we can trailer together. I want to do that track so much but the timing is never right.

I'll see you in September. BTW, I've got some SPG's in the car now (with harnesses) if you want to go for a ride.

George
Old 07-30-2004, 02:43 PM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kev
Don't Titan's only have a 5.5 ft bed as standard? That's a dealbreaker for me. If you tow you'll have to fit stuff like trailer ramps, extra set of wheels, etc.
Since the bed size wasn't my priority I didn't pay much attention but I think for the crew cab, it's 5.5 and 6.5 for the extended cab.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:51 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

OG,

Ditto Doug's comments on Chrysler products. Our customers for electrical products, mostly commercial and electrical contractors have Chrysler product horror stories. No one buys Chrysler products as work vehicles around here. IMO you should buy what the guys that depend on their trucks for a living buy - Chevys or Fords. On the "general public" side, many personal friends and relatives have similar horror stories with Jeeps, Durango's, etc.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJF1
Drove the Titan and I have been very impressed. Certainly in comparo with the new generation F-150 which I rent a few months ago, it is much better. The engine pulls very strong and the handling was impressive. Interior I like the seats and console mounted gearshift ,lots of gadgets and with me in the drivers seat ( 6.1") I went on the back seat only to find that I had tons of room and certainly my knees were not touching the front seat. Very impressive and certainly worths a test drive. Plus it has a towing rate of 9100 lbs. Handy when towing that TT on the track
Hey Danny, so you haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet?
Old 07-30-2004, 03:01 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by George A
Kevin,

First I need to make sure I can make it in October. My wifes birthday is on the 3rd and my sisters on the 4th. If by some chance I get away with it, we can trailer together. I want to do that track so much but the timing is never right.

I'll see you in September. BTW, I've got some SPG's in the car now (with harnesses) if you want to go for a ride.

George
Wife and sister? You're going to have to do better than that. I went to a DE two weeks after my second son was born. I never hear the end of that one.

Did you get a new or used F-150?
Old 07-30-2004, 03:38 PM
George A
Three Wheelin'

Kevin,

I got a new one, actually down in Austin. My father in law has connection. I'm almost afaid to say what I paid for a $40K truck. I got rid of my Jeep Grand Cherokee and am about to donate the MB to the SPCA.

Hopefully the pics will come through.

BTW, why do you guys need such big beds?

George
Attached Images   
Old 07-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Officially Amy
Intermediate

Do it Do it Do it!! OMG Do it! Sorry, but I feel the same way about those things as I do Porsches....eyegasm! (I know I'm gonna get smacked now )

I know I know they are gas hogs and chrysler has a history of building useless cars, but the look is killer! I am a big sucker for the Dodge Hemi!!! I am getting one someday, even though it goes against everything I know

'03 Hemi extented cab with the chrome package, running lights, dual chrome exhast and a four inch lift kit (or more) :-D

Last edited by Officially Amy; 07-30-2004 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:38 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 100 Likes on 51 Posts

[QUOTE=....eyegasm! [/QUOTE]

Thats one to remember.. no need for a description

Quick Reply: OT I am thinking of buying a '05 Dodge truck