Clutch Pedal Feel Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 06:02 PM
adambos
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Pedal Feel Question

Hi all,
I just had my clutch master and slave cylinders replaced hoping to fix my clutch pedal feel. I just picked up the car, and the pedal still feels like it has about 1-2 inches of travel before I feel pressure. Also, and most annoying part is that the pedal doesn't always come all the way back to the top (delays and then hits the bottom of my foot). It almost feels as if I have a two stage clutch, if that makes any sense. I questioned this right away when picking the car up, and the guy said that it was typical spring travel for a 993. Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions.
Thanks,
Adam

Last edited by adambos; 07-28-2004 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:26 PM
hn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by adambos
Hi all,
........Also, and most annoying part is that the pedal doesn't always come all the way back to the top (delays and then hits the bottom of my foot). It almost feels as if I have a two stage clutch, if that makes any sense. I questioned this right away when picking the car up, and the guy said that it was typical spring travel for a 993. Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions.
Thanks,
Adam
You need an updated kinematic lever, Part number : 993-423-519-03. This is a typical problem and many people had it fixed it with the new part. Not expensive at all. Do a search on "kinematic lever" to confirm.

Edit: If this happens only after you did the work I am not sure if it's the kinematic lever.

Quick Reply: Clutch Pedal Feel Question