Question on windstop

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 04:48 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Question on windstop

So, Suncoast is sending me the correct windstop for my car, with the zipper for the headliner. However, is it neccesary to have it zippered into the headliner for it to be operational? My headliner is a bit loose at the front edge and I'm worried it will pull out when it swings up. I need to have an upholstery shop tack it back down or something.

Vic
95 C4 cab
Old 07-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not required, but I don't think it will cause an issue if it is. Once you install it and try it you'll know for sure. It doesn't attach at the front edge but in the seam with the zipper that is right over your head.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:33 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Vic, the zipper serves two purposes, one for when the stop is in use, and another when you what the stop to be in a permanently stored position. In the former, the zipper attaches to create a cover over the back seat. The latter position is to hide the stop in the head liner when your top is up. This is useful particularly if you are tall as the stop tends to hang down slightly if not secured in this way. This can be done with the top open or closed. I suspect that most people don't bother zipping the stop so that it is stored "inside" the headliner.

Changing between the two positions does require you to un-zip, flip the material to the other side and re-zip. This will all make more sense when you get it installed so that you can see how this works.

Quick Reply: Question on windstop