One of the most desirable Porsches ever - Last year of the air-cooled 911's
For the serious enthusiast & connoisseur

'98 Porsche 911 Carrera S
Glacier White
Black Interior
Red Seat Belts
Brand New 18" Factory Technology Hollow-Spoke Rims Painted Glacier White
Brand New Michelin Pilot Sport Tires
Brand New Lug Nuts (Torqued to 94 ft/lbs)
Aluminum/Black Leather Shifter & Handbrake
Strosek Custom Aluminum Foot Pedals
Weltmeister Strut Bar
H&R Springs
B&B Exhaust
PowerFlow Cone Filter
Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Glacier White Front Bumper Plugs

Original Owner
Meticulously Maintained
Adult-Owned, Adult-Driven
Owned by a Non-Smoker
Never: Smoked In, Eaten In or Drank In
Always: Garaged & Handwashed (Wool Wash Mitt, P21S Bodywork Shampoo, P21S Wheel Cleaner, California Blade, P21S Drying Cloth)
Custom-Fitted Technalon Car Cover

Routine Maintenance performed by PAR Porsche
Suspension Work performed by Lynmor Performance (Lowered to Euro RS Specs. & Corner Balanced)
Cosmoline removed by Detailing Dynamics

Amoco Gold Gasoline (93 Octance)
Chevron Techron (every 1000 miles)
Mobil 1 Oil (changed every 5000 miles)
Ate Super Blue Brake Fluid
One Grand Blitz Wax
3M Imperial Hand Glaze
Detailing Dynamics Tire Dressing
Rain-X (outside glass only)
Lexol Leather Cleaner & Conditioner
Vinylex Vinyl Protectant
Flitz Metal Polish

Tire Pressures checked weekly (34 front, 42 rear)
25+ MPG Highway
Burns No Oil
Drives like a dream

Owned by a former U.S. Marine who is fastidious about maintenance & cleanliness
Car is safely secured behind 4" titanium posts in an underground garage in NYC

Nicer than the day it left Stuttgart
You will not find a nicer 993 anywhere (and I've got the trophies to prove it)

$77,900 or best offer
Michael Schiller
E-Mail: Porsche911NYC@aol.com
Old 07-23-2001, 12:16 AM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

$77,900???? For a non-driveable 993 (well, can't get it dirty, can you?) Not even a C4S???? NO mileage listed???? "Concours winner" - Parade or local Porsche Club region???

Michael, for your sake good luck on the hunt for a "sucker". Thanks for the entertainment.
Old 07-23-2001, 12:27 AM
tchanson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Michael,
Have you had much response since lowering your price from 82K last week?

As noted elsewhere, while the car looks great, your pricing seems to be approaching TT levels for a C2S.

I was at the Mecum auction in Elkhart Lake last night, and thought some of the results would be of relevance/interest to this topic...

'96 Twin Turbo, burgundy with tan leather, 17K miles, could have used a good detailing, but appeared to be a straight car overall (no info was available on the torque ft/lb settings of the lug nuts, however ) sold for $80K before buyer's premium.

Interesting also because on the block immediately after the TT was a '99 996 Coupe, special order dark green metallic with tan leather, 8K miles, essentially a new car. Bidding stalled at $50K, not meeting the reserve of $55K. Acceptance of the 996 may still take some time?

In any event, as noted above, good luck selling your C2S. Had to have been a difficult decision to make.

Tim
Old 07-23-2001, 10:04 AM
Porsche911NYC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

tchanson: Yes, actually the response has improved quite a bit. Well-kept 911 Carrera S's are not that common here in the NorthEast. I think it will sell fairly quickly given the recent interest in it. Nevertheless, a very tough decision, indeed.

Ray Calvo: I'll reiterate (too big a word for you?) what many others have already stated on this board previously countless times over: You're a jerk! In typical inimical fashion that now characterizes your pitifully banal existence, you hide behind the safety of your keyboard while your dainty little fingers assiduously strike out vile attacks. Until you've learned to become a productive member of society, perhaps you should just go hide underneath that rock you crawled out from. Oh, you may want to check out Amazon.com; they're running a sale on dictionaries, just in case you're having trouble deciphering this message.
Old 07-23-2001, 12:14 PM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

I would have to say that is probably a little high, even for one with low miles. I paid what I would presume as the "high end" of the spectrum at $73K for my immaculate, 8900 mile '98. 'tis true there are only a handful of these cars out there, and that it's the last year of the model, but there is depreciation once that car is driven off the lot.

And yes, why no mention of mileage? You seemed to have mentioned everything else.

-Matt
Old 07-23-2001, 12:32 PM
Porsche911NYC
Advanced

Matt: That was an oversight. Car has 20,000 well maintained miles on it. As a former U.S. Marine, I am meticulous about the appearance & performance of this car. This is one striking automobile; in a sea of Porsches, this one stands out. You will not find a nicer 911 Carrera S anywhere (as per countless unsolicited comments from mechanics, Porschephiles and civilians alike).
Old 07-23-2001, 01:36 PM
Darryl
Advanced

We all like to think our cars are worth more than they really are, but the truth of the matter is, you rarely get your money back for the extra accesories you put into your car.

There are many fine examples of '97/'98 911 Carrera S or 993's. The blue book, Excellence Mag, Panorama and other Porsche sources are "Guides" to giving us the closest values on what our P-cars are really worth.

Recent Value from Kelley Blue Book:

July/August 2001 Edition
1998 911 Carrera
Low: $53.7
High: $64.7

I too have a '98 911 Carrera S and think my car is worth more but who will pay it...???

Like Ray says, there's someone out there that might.... Good Luck!

1998 911 Carrera S
13K mi.
blk/blk
Old 07-23-2001, 02:41 PM
CC993
Advanced

Michael...

I also have a pristine 98 C2S Artic Silver(with Aerokit, sport seats, Technology wheels, lowered with Eibach spings\Koni shocks etc.) which I bought a year ago for 73K (8000 miles)...I am in the process of converting the front bumper cover to Euroturbo\turbo S air ducts\clear side signals...even at 11600 miles I don't believe I could get 70K now...
Let us know what you do end up getting and good luck...
Old 07-23-2001, 03:00 PM
John .
AutoX

Sorry, not on the subjest.
I have heard lots of different thoughts on tire pressure... can anyone give me the definative on what I should run my '95, 993 daily driver.
Also, I have heard using products like Techron (injector cleaners) can be harmful if used too often... Any comments on that?
Old 07-23-2001, 11:59 PM
frank82SC
AutoX

Dude,price seems high 45 cash now. $$$$$$
Old 07-24-2001, 12:58 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

porsche911nyc, Wow a little harsh on Ray. and too everyone else who has ever wanted and expected too much from there P cars.....remember....If you ask too little, and the buyer says "yes"......you cannot go "UP"...Hell I want 80k for my 98c4s black, black....25k,,,,but then again, I got 22k for my 88 911 targa with 105k on the odo!....That is free enterprise......*scratching my head.....did I just..say a little harsh on Ray ?"
Old 07-24-2001, 01:16 AM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Michael,

Congratulations on your acceptance into a PhD program. I just used your ad to prove to my wife that there is someone out there more obsessive-compulsive about their p-car than me. If you can effectively translate that intensity and attention-to-detail into your postgrad studies, you will do very well.

Hope the sale works out. You only need ONE buyer who likes it as much as you do. I paid $5 - 10K over average retail to get a 993TT with the exact colors and options I had been seeking for six months. Just check out some of the prices at the auctions in Sports Car Market, or the high sales prices on ebay.
Old 07-24-2001, 01:23 AM
larbaby2th
Advanced

Very entertaining repartee. Free enterprise is right. If the guy gets a great price, then it was worth it to somebody, so everybody wins. My pristine 98 C2S with all the bells and whistles except aerokit was 70K with 19K miles on it 8 months ago. Too much or too little, I got my favorite Porsche out of 5, so who cares what the guy is asking. Best of luck and somebody will get a beautiful car. Larry
Old 07-24-2001, 01:25 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Anir, I am still trying to convince my wife, that my p car was a sound purchase! I paid 62k for a 98c4s, metalic black, full supple leather, digatal sound, cd changer, litronics,motor sound pkg, etc.....kelly wholesale with the add for miles was 69k!..of course I told her it was not too fast.........what shall I do, on my quest for a tt?...
Old 07-24-2001, 02:42 PM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by phil mcgrath:
<STRONG>Anir, I am still trying to convince my wife, that my p car was a sound purchase! I paid 62k for a 98c4s, metalic black, full supple leather, digatal sound, cd changer, litronics,motor sound pkg, etc.....kelly wholesale with the add for miles was 69k!..of course I told her it was not too fast.........what shall I do, on my quest for a tt?... </STRONG>
Sound logic to me. With motor-sound and digital sound, it must be a sound purchase. Best of luck on the quest for a tt.

Quick Reply: For Sale: Concours Winning '98 Porsche 911 Carrera S