Questions about C4S and C2S: I'm

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2001, 03:43 PM
Barney
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Questions about C4S and C2S: I'm

currently looking at C4S's and C2S's and have the following questions:

which one is more suited for track use ?

the cars are dealer occasions, however, are there any weak points or other things that I should look at in particular when judging the cars?

Thanks very much for your input
Old 11-06-2001, 05:23 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This one's been sitting long enough, so I thought I'd jump in..

This topic has been discussed many times.. You should check out the archives and also the "old 993/996" archives on the main web boards page.

I think that it comes down to what you feel comfortable with. There are pro/cons to both models and they each handle situations differently. I would say that if you are going to have a track only car, then I would go with the C2S. It's lighter and probably handles better, acellerates better, etc.

Some say that the C4s is a bit safer, since it understeers more and you can pull yourself around the corners a bit more. But since this is a track only car, that won't really be a concern.

But check out the archives, there are tons of great POrsche gems buried in there.

Jeff
Old 11-06-2001, 07:07 PM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Biggest plus to me on C4S is bigger brakes (incl. all the associated hydraulics)

Downside is you pay big time for those brakes (car is prob. at least $10K more than a C2S).

Might agree with Jeff; go for the C2S (lighter) and learn to drive it. Which is faster is prob. more the driver than the car (you'll still get beat by a stock Civic - if a pro driver is at the wheel).
Old 11-07-2001, 01:01 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 525 Likes on 347 Posts
There are fast folks in the C2S and the C4S. The C4S is about 160 Lbs heavier, but as most have added, you do get the Big Red brakes.

The good news for potential 993 C2/4S buyers, bad for sellers, it appears that C4S prices, all 993 prices for that matter, appear to be going down.

In San Diego, Sal Belasario, the my Pioneer Porsche sale guy, has a C4S., low mileage, international orange color, for in the low $60's. Six month ago it would have been $10,000 more. Maybe it is the orange color? Sal is the man to talk to at Pioneer...he really knows his Porsche cars.

Here is the rub...for $8,000 more, you can get a 2002 996 with 320 HP, 3.6 liters, vario-cam, vario ram, vario mammy jammer, with cup holders, room to put your feet on a long trip, or an older oil cooled traditional car, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'll just leep my 993 C2 narrow body for the time being.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:20 AM
thorander
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your C2 narrowbody 993 just happen to be the ultimate car Porsche's ever made when it comes to price/quality, performance, etc.

Peter '96 european gears C2 18" hollows

Quick Reply: Questions about C4S and C2S: I'm