Sponsored by:

fuel pressure regulator

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2001, 01:15 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post fuel pressure regulator

Just got my car back from the mechanic yesterday.. The previous owner had a greddy profect wastegate boost controller installed and I wanted to take it out.

I'm planning to sell it on eBay and hopefully, the cost of the unit will offset the cost of the mechanics. I guess these units were several hundred dollars.

Another interesting thing, he said that the fuel pressure regulator was set to 70 psi! They had drilled out some stop screw to set it beyond the maximum.

I guess I was running pretty rich all this time. If anybody has access to a workshop manual, can they confirm what the correct pressure for a 96 TT is? My mechanic said that it was 55 psi...

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Old 11-06-2001, 02:28 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can't help you on the setting, but...

I don't think higher pressure will make it rich all the time - it controls how much fuel you can ultimately get in the motor. I would be very leary of using a regulator that someone has hacked up. They are not all that expensive - I would replace it. You can do the factory 5 bar regulator if you are contemplating any mods. That will ensure you can get enough fuel with bigger turbos.
Old 11-06-2001, 07:49 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts
all 993, 993RS, 3.8RSR, 3.8 SUPERCUP and 993TT fuel regulators are Bosch non adjustable and 3.8BAR +/-.2bar. If I remeber correctly and its engraved on the regulator. (14PSI= 1 bar) 993GT2 have 5 bar regulators which incrased the fuel pressure to the fuel injectors that thereby allowed more fuel to get into the engine. IF you have a big nasty turbo you may need it but all normally aspirated cars .........even with open headers dont need it.........unless you have a 4.0L 993 engine in which we used a 5 bar regulator so that we didnt need to buy $700 of injectors. The regulator is alot cheaper
null
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist

Quick Reply: fuel pressure regulator