Sponsored by:

993 cab roof parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 03:18 AM
blakjak
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 cab roof parts

wonder if anyone can help with my '94 cabriolet roof drama. One of the main frame parts, the strut that is the closest upright by the drivers side (right hand drive car) window, has snapped at the top. The roof still goes up and down but there is a clear break in that srut.It's only that one piece that needs fixing, the rest of the roof is quite new.
My question is, does anyone supply individual replacement parts for the roof frame? Before I take the car into the Porsche service centre I thought I'd try and source the part myself and hopefully save a little money.

regards

Simon Birch in Hong Kong
Old 07-22-2004, 07:27 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Two options:

1) The individual parts for the top "arms" are available separately; those struts are either bolted or riveted to the top frame; see the Porsche parts diagram at the dealer or on the PET CD for reference.

2) You may be able to remove that portion of the strut and have it welded.

I would be concerned with why it snapped in the first place, though. I certainly would convert the top to manual operation for now until you have it repaired, even if it's working; you don't want to twist the top frame.

If you want to scare yourself into leaving it in semi-manual mode, go over to the 964 forum and do a search. It's horrifying ... and their mechanisms are the same as ours ;-)

Vic
95 C4 cab

Quick Reply: 993 cab roof parts