Need Device to Locate Shoulder Belts to Porsche Sport Seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 31 Posts
Question Need Device to Locate Shoulder Belts to Porsche Sport Seat

Does anyone know of a device (straps or harness) that will locate and position shoulder harnesses using a stock Porsche sport seat. My problem is that my shoulders and torso are narrow, and if I use a BK harness bar, it positions the shoulder belts too far from my neck. When fully cinched down, I can still wiggle and extricate one shoulder or the other from the harness. One solution would be to substitute new seats complete with holes in the seat backs through which to route the shoulder belts. I do so few De's, that I'd rather not have to pop $1200 for a pair of Recaro seats.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Old 07-21-2004, 06:18 PM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fred, there are a number of nice street seats that are between a full race seat and your stock seat that have holes for shoulder blets and have some adjustability in terms of reclining, etc. Some that come to mind are the Sparco Roadster (does ot recline but has holes), Torino, Monza, or Milano. The last three recline and have holes for shoulder belts. These seats range from $499 to $899 a seat depending upon what features you want.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:23 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 31 Posts

Kary,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have already identified the Recaro Speed Seat that slides, reclines, and comes complete with pass through holes for belts. It would seem a reasonable compromise for someone who does few events. However, 2 seats and mounting hardware run $1200. I thought I read someone on the board mention a harness or strap that fits over the top of the high back Porsche seat that will hold the harness belts together. I just can't find it.

Cheers,
Old 07-21-2004, 06:26 PM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fred, yes I do recall something about that, but I do not recall it being on Rennlist. I have seen some folks who have stock seats use them to basically "tie" the shoulder straps so they will not slip down nor separate too far for those that do not have harness guides on their bars. I do not know what they are called though. Sorry.

Quick Reply: Need Device to Locate Shoulder Belts to Porsche Sport Seat