Sponsored by:

Running of the Turtles Putnam Park

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Look on the PCA schedule again, it wasn't up there earlier this year. Sept 18th.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Thanks, Greg, I'll check it out. I saved an old web page from IE.
Old 07-21-2004, 02:45 PM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was a truly fun weekend... great weather, great people, great racing, and for me, a great DE. That's right, I'm too slow to race, so I watch the racers and then DE when the racers exit the track.

I caught up with Mike and Eric, who I met for the first time at last years Putnam event. Eric was impressed to see his old SRD's solidly mounted in the front of my car. It was also interesting to be pitted right next to Mike's arch-nemesis... I unknowingly be-friended Doug and Amy, and was happy to make use of their tent to get out of the sun. When they found out I was a Jr turtle they threatened to have me expelled (forcefully if needed) from their shade... luckily cooler heads prevailed.

As far as the races... Greg's spin was both exciting and quite concerning. How he missed the outside wall is beyond me. And Bill E's unexpected trip through the infield was unbelievable... how everyone missed the pace-Cayenne with no other incident is quite remarkable. Bill was still able to talk after the event... I'm sure I'd still be breathing too hard to speak.

Anyway, as others have related, it was a bunch of fun. See everyone at a track sometime soon!

Quick Reply: Running of the Turtles Putnam Park