Sponsored by:

Anyone with a Hazet tool for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 12:38 AM
PBenz
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kelly - I would have never purchased the Stahlwillie socket I have if I was able to find a comparable spark-plug socket or a socket like the one Viper Bob posted a link to, so if I were you I'd save your money. In my case, my car was on jack stands for a month awaiting arrival of the PSS-9s (I had already replaced the rack & pinion unit and didn't want to have to do 2 alignments), so when they finaly came in, and I saw that the damn bolt was 22mm and not 21mm, finding a tool that worked became "an emergency".
Old 07-20-2004, 12:50 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul-

I can understand your predicament completely and that is exactly the type of thing I'm trying to avoid by asking questions before my install. I thank all of you for the responses and contributions you have made to make this a bit easier for me. It's becoming clearer ady by day what it is I need to do to install this correctly and the steps involved to get me there.

With Agro's suggestion of hand tightening the nut as much as possible with the spark plug socket and just using the torque wrench for the actual torquing, I do believe I can do this without the Hazet tool. I do... I do... I do...

Old 07-20-2004, 08:46 AM
ASH.PALIN
Instructor

Hi kelly,
Did this conversion recently and didn't have the Hazet tool, however I bought an ordinary 21mm socket (long) and one of the guys at work took it to his workshop and took out the relevant section using a bench grinder and it worked very well, I would have had a tough time doing it without this tool I feel
Old 07-20-2004, 10:13 AM
PBenz
Addict
Rennlist Member

I do believe I can do this without the Hazet tool. I do... I do... I do...
Don't want to quash your hopes, but when I tried to turn the nut without holding the shaft, the entire shaft turned. This even happens now with the car on the ground.

Oh one other thing - even with the correct tool, I was never able to get the proper torque. Maybe my torque wrench needs calibration. Maybe I needed more leverage than my 7mm allen wrench was providing. Maybe I'm just not strong enough. I don't know. It seems to be just fine though (other than that bouncing thing. )

Old 07-20-2004, 11:52 AM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The torque spec for the nut is 80nm (approximately 58.96 ft. lbs.). You should be able to tigthen the nut to this amount. It can easily be done using the Hazet tool and reusing the factory nut on the PSS-9's.

BTW I have the tool that you are welcomed to use.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Felix
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

For those in the UK Draper makes an oxygen sensor removal socket that works just fine. Price from a Draper stockist is £7.05+VAT.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Anyone with a Hazet tool for sale?