Windward?PCA

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 11:27 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windward?PCA

I had contacted Tom Bobbitt about my problem with Windward(still unresolved) in Feb. He just emailed me back that Panarama has dropped Windward's ads from Panarama. Chalk one up for the good guys. Mike W
Old 07-15-2004, 11:39 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Kim, Excellence has also dropped Windward.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:09 PM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all your effort Mike. Good luck bud.

Andy
Old 07-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Andy, - been watching all the mods your doing to your car. Sounds great! Your outdoing the previous owner, whoever he was. what happened to your avatar? Mike
Old 07-15-2004, 05:27 PM
Bob D.
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

This is wonderful news! I was so bothered by Mike W.'s tale when he first posted that I wrote Tom Bobbitt too! I referenced my longtime PCA membership, and how more than once club officers had helped me out, and always treated me with honesty, courtesy and respect—and inquired why PCA members shouldn’t expect the same from vendors associated with PCA. Unfortunately Mike's was not the first bad Windward experience of which I had heard.

I got a prompt and informative reply back, in which Tom indicated that he monitors complaints against vendors and explaining that PCA does take action, quietly, when warranted. He also explained the best steps to take re vendor complaints--info I posted in another thread about Windward last week.

Anyway, Mike, I know this step by PCA and Excellence doesn’t get you your $ back, but you should feel good to have played a key role in helping prevent other Porsche owners from being burned.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:57 AM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Bob, Thanks for your good words. I am pleased that by the efforts of rennlisters like yourself people like Windward will find they are not welcome in the Porsche community. I have been a Porsche owner for almost 30 years (heck I'm older than Old Guy) and the overwhelming majority of parts suppliers have been great. I am truly happy that in some small way we have prevented other Porsche owners from being abused by people such as those at Windward.
For what it is worth the Vermont District Attorney has gotten involved so Windward may be paying for their actions. Thanks again to all my friends on rennlist who have supported me.

Quick Reply: Windward?PCA