Windstop question

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 12:51 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Windstop question

I ordered a new Porsche windstop from Suncoast, which arrived today. The instructions appear to show a 993, but it is not the kind which zips into the headliner on the convertible top. My top has the zipper in the headliner, and the owner's manual shows that setup as well. The one they sent has two elastic straps with hooks, and has another screen in back, more like a 996 windstop. Did Porsche make two versions?

Vic
95 C4 cab
Old 07-15-2004, 01:59 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do a search... b/c i think they did... one for production & one for the aftermarket (i believe the other 'later' style is just friendly for more applications). there was a post a few mos. ago... i'll try & find it.

... mine is the one that auto stores above when the top is up.

r.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:35 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it's likely they sent you the wrong part. Check the part number. The dealer gave me the wrong one the first time too - it was a cheap plastic thing that could not fit. When I took it back we checked part numbers and I got the correct one. A nice metal version that fits correctly and zips into the headliner.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:05 AM
porscheralph
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Vic - Had the same problem when trying to get a replacement for my factory windstop. The part they sent you is for a 993; however it is not the factory replacement you are looking for. I don't have the part number infront of me but you will need to return the one you have and get the factory one that will zip into the top. I had the same problem with Suncoast - try talking to them and they will finally get the right part number. if you still have a problem I will go back and look up the right part number and get it to you.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:07 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks, guys ... there are two part numbers and Suncoast has ordered the other one for me. However, they are charging my credit card for the second one in the interim because I can't send the first one back; UPS completely destroyed the box ... grrrr.

Vic
95 C4 cab

Quick Reply: Windstop question