Sponsored by:

Vacuum Leak Saga

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 05:58 PM
ksimpson
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Vacuum Leak Saga

Posted this problem before, but would appreciate if anyone has any other ideas. I've tried everything I can think of.

Quick recap - I left my car in for a service a couple of months ago. When I got it back, I noticed that there was no airflow when the a/c was on or in recirc. Obviously a vacuum leak.

I searched around the engine bay and found a disconnected pipe on the left hand side of the engine bay beside the blower motor. I reconnected it to the rubber "T" shaped pipe above. Thinking I had my problem solved, I took the car out for a drive. Unfortunately, this only improved the problem slightly - I had airflow on idle, but as soon as I opened the throttle, it disappeared.

Over the past couple of months, I must have had the blower motor out four times checking the connections. I got a couple of diagrams (which were vague to say the least) and checked all the connections. I also checked the connections and servos under the windshield.

It's possible that I had this problem before the service. I noticed that when the outside temperature is below that demanded inside the car, the outside airflow is still used when the a/c is on - therefore no need for the bypass flaps. So I could have had the problem all winter and wouldn't have realised it until the warmer weather in the summer. The disconnected pipe at the service may have been an additional problem and not the cause.

I'm officially all out of ideas and would appreciate any input.

Quick Reply: Vacuum Leak Saga