Newbie concern about famous oversteer

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 03:11 AM
Ron_H
928 Barrister
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default oversteer??

You want a controlled oversteering 911, watch the video "Fazination" of a Ruf Yellow Bird on the Nurburgring. And watch what the driver does to control it, using the throttle and steering.

Has anyone suggested turning into the direction of the slide as a remedial measure??

If you want a crummy copy of that video, send enough for a blank video and postage and I'll make you one.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:22 PM
a18agy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also watch out for worns rear shocks, which normally cause a wobble when you are on a bend, or a change in the camber in the road surface. which does upset the cars balance.
Also the Pendelum effect which is caused from the rear snapping with the engine at the back.

Alex G
Old 07-08-2004, 04:05 AM
philo
7th Gear

Thanks all for the advice and words of encouragement - I'm going to take the plunge and I'll definitely sign up for a DE and find the limits of my driving and of the vehicle... now I start the journey of finding one. If you come across a black on black 96-98 C2, C2S or C4S for sale please let me know. Realistically, I can probably only afford a C2 unless the C2S or C4S was a steal of a deal.

Thanks again and thanks in advance for all the future questions I will have for this board!
Old 07-08-2004, 04:05 AM
philo
7th Gear

Thanks all for the advice and words of encouragement - I'm going to take the plunge and I'll definitely sign up for a DE and find the limits of my driving and of the vehicle... now I start the journey of finding one. If you come across a black on black 96-98 C2, C2S or C4S for sale please let me know. Realistically, I can probably only afford a C2 unless the C2S or C4S was a steal of a deal.

Thanks again and thanks in advance for all the future questions I will have for this board!

Quick Reply: Newbie concern about famous oversteer