Sponsored by:

RSR Vs Fabspeed Maxflows

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 03:40 AM
sandman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post RSR Vs Fabspeed Maxflows

Has anyone heard the two exhausts? What are the differences in sound? I am aware that the RSR is much better value for money but I am more concerned with the sound. I know many Rennlisters have installed the RSRs but has anyone installed the maxflows. Your feedback will be appreciated.

Sandman
Old 09-05-2002, 08:54 AM
993Widebody
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Search the archives, this topic has been discussed too many times.
Old 09-05-2002, 11:42 AM
os993
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 258 Posts
I may be able to assist.

I've been running Maxflow's for the past three years, and tried RSR's a few weeks ago (had them on for two weeks).

Bottom line, both are very sweet. RSR's are very nice, with a nice factory rumble sound. No resonance and much better than stock. Craftsmanship is excellent. I actually was very surprised how nicely they sounded... You still use factory tips, so car looks nice and stock.

Maxflows are louder and also sound very good. They don't sound tinny like B&B's and nicely bring out the 993's sound. You will have slight resonance at 2600-3000rpm, but it's acceptable to me (B&B's were not!) Check out pics below..Maxflows have a nice oval tip as well...

Two different animals, basically. I chose not to replace my Maxflows with RSR's purely for economic reasons. If I tried RSR's prior to the Maxflows, I'd currently be on RSR's...

You can't go wrong either way.

Quick Reply: RSR Vs Fabspeed Maxflows