Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So a funny thing happened at the track this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 12:31 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are right Kim. I plan to do something as I have had an issue with both sides now. I have to look at it a little and come up with something. I had to remove the screw in the middle as the front tire was scraping on it. So they are somewhat free to move and get pushed out with the air pressure onto the tire. I don't want to remove them as this forces air into the coolers.... Well I guess that it is just another project....
Old 07-07-2004, 03:11 PM
hdemas
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob:

That is a bummer. Funny coincidence--I have only had issues with my fender liner once, and it was on the second day of my first weekend at Buttonwillow. It is very unfortunate it happened to you on timed runs. If you had pulled in and aborted the run and claimed the mechanical my guess is that they would have let you fix it and re-run that lap--as long as the mechanical isn't running out of gas they are very accommodating.

If you were running in green and white the occasional confused passing signal or being held up by traffic is a little more understandable as there are often a fair number of novices in those groups. They don't let people go straight into blue or red until they have run enough with the group that there is established a level of trust that they have a clue. This is for your own protection when you get in red and blue. I was moved up a group or two almost every event I went to until I hit blue where I currently am. Mike went through the same thing although with his considerable experience progressed up a lot faster than me. If you were running in white and green this time then I would be surprised if they didn't at the very least let you run in blue the next time and red sometime thereafter.

One other thing--looking at the results it appears that a lot of the really fast cars weren't there this last weekend at Buttonwillow. A lot of cars that would normally be blue group cars were almost certainly running in red. You should return to other of the events as I think you will find that on a more typical weekend a few of the cars in blue and a significant number of the cars in red will be fast enough to actually make things interesting for you in your car.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kim: GGR groups go Yellow, White, Green, Blue and Red from beginner to fastest. This year I kept getting stuck in white, where there was 1 person faster than me and my times in the TT were as good as most in the green.

Quick Reply: So a funny thing happened at the track this weekend...