Sponsored by:

My 1st DE event with my 993 - Oh My!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 06:41 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 1st DE event with my 993 - Oh My!

Hello,
I went to Summit Point and the Jefferson Course in WV this past weekend. It was my first track event with my "new" car. While I enjoyed my old Boxster at the track, this 993TT is an engineering marvel. With only about 1000 miles on a new gear box, I started the weekend taking it easy. The harder I drove the car and the more I pushed it, the more the car was in it's element. My lap times continued to decrease at the weekend progressed. My instructor (a former super bike racer) was slightly nervous every time I began braking at the end of the long Summit Point straight entering turn 1. I kept telling him that I wasn't even pushing the brakes that hard and that the ABS wasn't even coming on and to trust me and the car. The new PSS-9 kit was well worth the money. I turned the setting to the stiffest and it was just awesome on the track. I kept street tires (pilot sports)on the car so that I could learn the car and the 4WD system and still have the audible feedback about my driving performance. I wish everyone could experience driving a speed on a track with a 993. It was just to much fun. I can't wait for the Glen at the end of the month.

Old 07-01-2004, 06:45 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome. I can't wait to start track driving.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:00 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Tony,

I recently had my first track day in my 993TT (but plenty of previous track experience). I found that I was very used to the performance of the Cobra, and wasn't taking full advantage of what the TT has to offer. Still, even with only a single day at the track, the TT (on mis-matched tires... much to everyone's continuing horror) was a full second faster at Willow Springs than the Cobra on its very best day on really excellent tires.

Your top photo is excellent, BTW... really captures the essence of the speed.

Quick Reply: My 1st DE event with my 993 - Oh My!