Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 01:32 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts
Default October fest in the Mojave and car show

This will appeal (maybe ) to my buddies in SoCal. But we have a
festival in Oct. coupled with a real Indian Powow(AND Indian tacos!!)The Pauites I think is the tribe that hosts it. the car show is always a big hit. But its the same ole cars every year. If I give you a heads up of 4 months how many would be interested in coming up and bringing a 993 or what ever and putting it in the show on Saturday. Let me tell you right up front this is in Ridgcrest and this is small time stuff. there will be without us maybe 30 cars. and there are awards. I can put up as many as will stay at my house that can sleep on the floor OR you can go back to LA that eve. I live EXACTLY 150 miles north of Dodger stadium. If I get enough I can get the Naval Air Warfare Museum open for a private tour. We developed the sidewinder missile, shrike and HARM was partly done here. Tons of historical weapons on display. PLUS there is a chili cook off too all on Sat. The Powow is both Sat and Sun. And if you call within the next 15 minutes I'l throw in the added bonus of going out on some VERY deserted roads with cell phones on either stretch and we can do some high speed desert passes. Again this will be small town stuff. but we get a big kick out of it. I dont know the dates but I believe its the weekend after columbus day. anybody?? respond here or email me at guggyp@msn.com
NOR CAL OR NEVADA WELCOME BUT 3 hours from Vegas and 5 hours from the southern part of the Bay area.
PS we do have some nice hotels that alot of the contractors stay in during the week and the guys who are here from D.C. every week.
Its called Matarango Days.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:39 AM
adsc4s
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OG, sounds like a possibility but I can't plan 4 months in advance!

Quick Reply: October fest in the Mojave and car show