Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Updated transmission undertray

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2024, 03:48 PM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Received 1,025 Likes on 534 Posts

Boxed up and sitting on my porch awaiting UPS pickup.

If nothing else, this thread will serve as documentation for those seeing one of these on a car some time in the future. Someone will say "WTF is that hack job with rivets on there? Definitely not factory" and someone else will come along and say "well, actually..."

The following users liked this post:
71-3.0-911 (07-23-2024)
Old 07-23-2024, 06:22 PM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

BTW... one last update on this saga.

I grabbed that last pic above of a tiptronic cover from Rose Passion via Google image search this morning. I decided to go look and see if Rose Passion had pictures of the 6-spd trans cover and yep, same design update as the one I got from Delaware Porsche.

BTW, my hunch all along is that the ill-fitting and hack-job looking stuff on the left is some sort of new vent/inlet to provide airflow to 'something'. What that something is, I don't know. There is already a cutout right behind that, presumably to get some air to the aluminum part of that oil line and cool it a bit. There's nothing really in front of that, unless they are trying to get a tad more air onto the rubber part of the oil line.

Here's some pics of the front and back side, along with a picture of that area without the cover (lifted from my favorite photo repository: Bring-a-trailer)

Old 07-29-2024, 05:33 PM
boomboomthump
Rennlist Member

Update:

Received the minty used one I posted above (second photo). So much happier with it! It looks way better than the new one I purchased from Porsche. The return was painless and I still came out ahead financially.

Sidenote- I swear this original one is substantially lighter. The one I got from Porsche last week was noticeably heavier. I know this is very unscientific but this original one with box was shipped at 6 lbs, where the new one from Porsche was 9.5 lbs with box. This original one definitely seems thinner/lighter and the consistency of the material seems different. While it may not truly be 3.5 lbs lighter, it has to be at least ~2 lbs difference between them.

Quick Reply: Updated transmission undertray