Sponsored by:

Glove Box will not stay closed

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 08:52 PM
FELKER
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Glove Box will not stay closed

The door for the glove box will not stay closed. It does not appear to be latching...

Any suggestion on how to adjust?
Old 06-04-2002, 09:00 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Hi Felker - I had this problem as well. Take a look at the latch mechanism and see how far off it is from latching. I would guess it is very close. If so, you should be able to fiddle with the latch screws a bit and get it to latch. You can also bend the latch bar up or down a bit as is necessary.
Old 06-05-2002, 05:19 AM
Tito
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi,
I had this problem in the past. The U shaped latch on the dash (as oppoed to the lid) moved and did not let the lid catch it securely. Others have posted DIY fixes invlvolving glue if my failing memory serves me.
But it was a cheap replacement part from Porsche, even with fitting it was inexpensive (<£50) and ~2 years later it has not reoccured.
Hope this helps.
Tito.
Old 06-05-2002, 11:20 AM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

John,

<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/cgi-bin/rennforums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000843&p=" target="_blank">Here</a> is my thread from last summer. I ended up just using loctite to bond the u bracket to the holes.

My problem was specifically that the two adjustment screws would not tighten down the u bracket. The screws would tighten, but the bracket would still be able to be removed.

Only advice is to make sure you have it lined up perfectly before applying the loctite. I missed by 1 mm or so now I need to gently but continusously push on the lid to get it to latch. No problem once you understand how it works, but I cant just kind of throw it up and expect it to hit the latch.

Good luck,

E. J.

Quick Reply: Glove Box will not stay closed