Turtle Roster Update ? / App

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 08:59 PM
seege
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turtle Roster Update ? / App

I know all the Turtle Honchos have been pretty busy the past few weekends. Maybe it's time to start ridiculing, lambasting and degrading all us newbies who shamelessly bought our way onto the roster. Besides we don't know our team functions yet.

Personally,I would like to apply for the esteemed position of "Slow, Crappy Typer" I have been composing this post mentally for what seems like weeks
now. Some people hunt and peck- I forage and spear. This would be the perfect job for me as long as I'm not asked or expected to do much actual
typing. It's not that I'm lazy (I am) but 5 or 6 mono...........syllabic (sorry I dozed off there) words per minute and I'm just plain fatiqued. You would think a reasonaby smart person would improve his typing over the years but no, not a bit. The only keys I seem to have memorized are . c o m
Every time I sit down to write is like the movie "Groundhog Day" and I keep stepping in the mud puddle, every time.

I'm hoping when I go to my first DE day(soon) that every lap will not seem like a new track that I've never seen before. Maybe the position of "Short-Term Memory Champ" or the likes would be more accurate.

Thank you
Old 06-26-2004, 10:26 AM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seege,

"Slow Crappy Typer" is perfect... and if you ever miss a team function then I could be your back-up!

"Short-Term Memory Champ" is also one that I could fill in for, if I couldn't fill-in for the first one you mentioned... whatever that was... it seems to have slipped my mind...

I'm sure team voting will confer the proper title for you...
Old 06-26-2004, 10:50 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

I vote to accept Seege's new title. He even misspe;;ed a few words in his application.....

Last edited by viperbob; 06-26-2004 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:32 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 354 Likes on 158 Posts

Seege...

The Official Slow Crappy Typist of the HWFM race team.... Sounds good to me. Very HWFM

So you are in Palm Desert? Man oh man, do we miss our weekends in Palm Desert.....

MS
JoAnne
Old 06-26-2004, 01:41 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

This looks like a good opportunity, if you ask me. Plus given the fact he may be able to host a HWFMR/Rennlist get together in Palm Desert at his new resturaunt, I am all for it. We could have a meeting and CJ could take the minutes (by typing!!)
Old 06-26-2004, 02:20 PM
nman413
Drifting

I vote to accept CJ and to also take over my old title of "HWFM Track Virgin" at least until his first DE. However, I would also want to be the alternate for "Short-Term Memory Champ".

What was I talking about?
Old 06-26-2004, 02:26 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jauder are you a track virgin if you have had your car on the track unofficially??
And are you a track virgin if you have raced in other motorsports such as motocross? I raced at Glen Helen right after the AMA nationals. Shouldnt that count for somthing!?
Old 06-26-2004, 02:38 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 354 Likes on 158 Posts

No virgins on this forum.............

MS

Old 06-26-2004, 03:32 PM
nman413
Drifting

MS, there appears to be plenty of spanking virgins
Old 06-26-2004, 03:37 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion! I guess after Big T approval we will update your tittle I'll be going through all the new applicants shortly ( finishing my '05 budget first ) and email Princenton to update the Ro(a)ster
Old 06-26-2004, 04:00 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

DJ I love your helmet. I may borrow some of the design for my own helmet. I was thinking of some texas flags with a yellow rose on the back. or somthing like that. Who did yours??
Old 06-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Paul,

You beat me to the punch! I saw Danny's helmet and fell into a bad case of lust! C'mon Danny, tell us who did your design.

Toby
Old 06-26-2004, 06:14 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

he he! Thanks guys! The design is mine It took me about a month or so playing around with paintshop. I wanted to pay tribute to my birth land ( Greece) and my adopted home ( Texas & the US). So i wanted the red white and blue happening. Fortunately Texas has the same colors as the US flag so it was easy to intergrate them. I sent my design to www.razorimage.com and they guys there did a beautifull job. At first they thought that the "Don't mess with Texas" logo at the front would be too busy but I insisted on the design and they complied. I can tell you though that the job they did surpased my expectations.
On the back in tribute to my home club, I used the LSRPCA club racing logo with the Longhorn skull , the Texas and Racing flags waving. They also painted the Porsche lettering ( which looks great) but suggested for the Porsche crest I wanted on the top of the helmet to go with a sticker which I did. This sticker is the only thing that I'm not thrilled with as the helmet curves and it difficult to apply it evenly...

This is the side view:
Old 06-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a great lid
Old 06-26-2004, 08:09 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Seeing as how I finally got around to donating when the race was well along, and was the last to donate, I apply for Official HWFMR Team Procrastinator. Clearly the Team needs someone with this title and can hardly live up to its name without one. I assure you I am well qualified - I'll get back to you later with further details.

Quick Reply: Turtle Roster Update ? / App