Sponsored by:

Side Repeaters

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 09:01 AM
Francesco
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Side Repeaters

How do you remove the side repeaters (indicators) on the front wings?
I'm thinking of changing them for the clear versions to match the clear front indicators. Am I right in thinking Porsche never made the clear versions? I don't like to put anything non-original on the car but can anyone recommend somewhere that sells these, and do they fit as well as the originals?? Any other pros/cons???

M.T.I.A.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:15 AM
Gibo993
Intermediate

You just push them forward then prise out the front edge, very simple.
The hard part is diconnecting the wires and keeping hold of them so you can fit the new repeaters. http://www.type-911.co.uk/
The above site does a selection of colours, but in the rectangle shape and look very OEM not the 'orrible oval you see advertised in MAX POWER
Old 10-29-2001, 10:13 AM
Francesco
Advanced

Thanks for the reply. I've just ordered a set. I was Told that they are actually made by the same manufacturer, which would be good (if true)!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only who finds the Oval versions somewhat.....Orrible !!! Have you ever read that advert for them in the back of 911 & Porsche World, which describes them as "the part that Porsche forgot about". That's not the colour but the shape!!!! It says f"fit these wonderful eliptical ...........uuuuuuuurggggggggghhh !!!

cheers
Old 10-29-2001, 10:32 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts
Have to disagree with you guys, I have the clear ovals on my iris blue 993tt and IMHO they look the business - they make those rectangular ones look like a relic from the 1960's - which in fact they are.

Quick Reply: Side Repeaters