Secondary Air Injection System Revisited

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 06:51 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hawk, I was just at PCA.org tech section http://www.pca.org/tech/index.html

There is a gentleman there who just posted 5 different questions on how to try and blow the built up by removing the smog pump and the heat exchanger. This was just yesterday and Joel Riser rpovided some real good solutions. Let me know if you can;t find them and I'll PM them to you.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:13 PM
hawk993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, I sent you a regular email earlier, just scanned some of those articles you mentioned, even saw a reference to a TOTAL engine rebuild. You and I had talked a little about this before. What's your opinion, just reset the codes vs. spending thousands for an emissions item on a car that runs great? I didn't see the smog pump stuff. I'm just don't want to spend a ton of money at ES for something that doesn't effect the car.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hawk,

For now, I'm just gonna keep on resetting it. But in the near future(maybe winter), when I get the motivation, I want to do what Joel Riser and other mech in CA did. That is remove the smog pump, remove the heat exchanger and soak the air passages with that chemical then blow it with pressurize air to get all that gunk out. Hopefully it's not hardened yet or engine rebuild will be next.

Quick Reply: Secondary Air Injection System Revisited