Premiere Sportscars and Springfield, MO PPI

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 03:04 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Seth,
Aren't you driving across country soon? Missouri is about half way.

John,
They may have sold a million cars to happy customers but you can't argue with this relatively small sampling of shoppers/buyers that they are not beyond reproach.

Greg
Old 05-31-2002, 03:13 PM
john#6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I am not affiliated with any of these companies, but have done business with them for years. Bought my first Porsche - a pristine '87 Coupe from Premier 6 years ago -
Motorcars has always provided superior service to me and, as I mentioned previously, all three companies, and Team, have been very supportive of the OLPCA for years.
In regard to your question, Greg, unfortunately I've not been able to find too many companies, in any field, that are completely above reproach.
Just my .02.
Feel free to PM me with any other questions I might be able to help you with.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:18 PM
john#6
Advanced

By the way DC, the "psco" is for Printer's Service Company - didn't realize the coincidence until I looked twice at your post
Old 05-31-2002, 03:20 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
I was not going to post what happened between Chris and myself for a number or reasons. I decided that the exchange that happened between us was hopefully an isolated incident and we both got carried away. I decided to forgive and forget about the whole situation.
I would never have mentioned what had happened until I say the abundant number of Rennlisters that had complaints about him.
I figured since his name or Premier cars never came up, leave it alone.
Now that I know that there are many other Rennlisters who have had problems with this guy, anyone considering buying from him deserve full disclosure.

He has a right to sell classifieds on Rennlist like everyone else. He can even be an Anti Semitic and burn flags if he wants. We just shouldn't buy cars from him. Karma is a bitch and Chris will certainley come head to head with his own bad Karma some day..
Old 05-31-2002, 03:27 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Hey Greg,

If I were to stop in every state and confront every person that didn't like Jews, I'd never get to L.A.

btw, here is the response letter I wrote to Chris after his statement.

(READ FROM BOTTOM UP....)

You know Chris,
My religion has nothing to do with the fact that I know what the value of a car is.
Say what you want about me, I don't appreciate the Anti-Semitic remarks...
Why did you not ask me if I was from New York. That's where I learned to drive a bargain, not in Temple..
But in this day and age, with all that's going on in the world, if that's the level you want to lower yourself too, I won't try to understand. I'll just accept the fact that some people are racist.
You might not like me, or my emails, or my attitude. But that has nothing to do with my religion.
I am actually pretty amazed that someone selling Porsche's would ever dare make a comment about someone's religion like that. Could you not find a better way to try to insult me?
I will be the better man today. I'm in a good mood. Lucky for you.
I will not go to the newsgroups and post a copy of this email. I will not destroy the reputation of Premiere cars, I will not call your boss and forward him this message. I will give you a second chance. What can I say, that's the type of guy I am.
Just remember...what you say, what you think, what you do, might come back to haunt you...So watch your tongue.
Comments like that might get you points in a Ford dealership....But your selling exotics...
good luck with your cars and I forgive you...
Seth : )

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris@premiercars.com [mailto:Chris@premiercars.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 3:38 PM
To: 'Seth'
Subject: RE: This is a response to your advertisement on The Car
Experience.

It all makes since now!

Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 2:32 PM
To: 'Chris@premiercars.com'
Experience.

Yes, it's jewish...Why do you ask????

From: Chris@premiercars.com [mailto:Chris@premiercars.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2001 3:32 PM
To: 'Seth'
Experience.

(Seth) is that Jewish?

Last edited by B-Line; 08-03-2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:50 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
John,

Thank you for your reply. I wasn't sure and asking you directly seemed to be the most honest means available.

DC
Old 05-31-2002, 03:53 PM
ZCAT3
Three Wheelin'

Seth - I occasionally read your posts and always get a chuckle out of the various pricing discussions. I find the message you posted truly disturbing - particularly given the state of world affairs. I am not in the market for a 911 (I have 2 at the moment), but I will remember this for future reference.
Old 05-31-2002, 03:59 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Like I said in my original post, I was happy with the Turbo I bought from Willhoit. But that was because I looked it over myself, realized the issues and still decided to buy it.

I doubt you could find a single high-end dealer who has not delivered a car to someone who had a problem with it. It's how the problems are dealt with that count. A perfect, low-mileage Porsche is a wonderful car, no matter who sells it to you. And all those dealers get those kinds of cars; they just charge a bundle for them, and they also get lesser cars, as does any dealer. It's a business.

I've bought cars long-distance before and came to the conclusion that it's better to spend $300 on a plane ticket than it is to get a surprise when the truck pulls into your driveway. i've had Rennlisters look over cars for me and had the car not meet my expectations even though they thought it was clean, so, really, trust your own eyes and no one else's. Then you can only blame yourself if there's a problem with the car.

Regarding the Premier salesman's anti-semetic remark, well, there are a--holes in every business. Support those businesses as your conscience dictates.

Vic
95 C4
Old 05-31-2002, 04:21 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by john#6:
<strong>... have a very good reputation in this part of the country.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just what "part of the country" do you mean? I'm just 200 miles away, I've represented St. Louis car dealers for 20+ years and I've NEVER heard anything favorable.

To coin a "country" expression, "Don't pee down my leg and tell me it's raining."
Old 05-31-2002, 04:50 PM
john#6
Advanced

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dan 96C2 St.Louis:
[QB]

Just what "part of the country" do you mean?
Dan:
I've been a PCA DE Instructor for many years and have been actively involved in DE and Club Racing events over most of the Midwest, including Kansas City, Great Plains, St. Louis, Memphis, Ozark, and Cimarron Regions, and as far away as Rocky Mountain, Suncoast/ Gold Coast and Peachstate.
Nowhere in all of my travels have I heard so much negative talk as I have been reading today.
I'm just speaking from my own experience, and don't wish to appear snide, but I truly believe that this thing has gone a bit too far and without someone being able to defend themselves, there shouldn't be so much thrashing going on which seems to come from just a few who choose to hold a grudge against some people I consider as my friends.
Old 05-31-2002, 05:10 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Hey Bill

I only offer my pricing guides as a suggestion in the hopes of getting fellow Rennlisters the best possible deal.

I use <a href="http://www.edmunds.com" target="_blank">www.edmunds.com</a> and <a href="http://www.kbb.com." target="_blank">www.kbb.com.</a> It's no secret. I realize that you can't always use book value to determine the price but it can be used as a guide.

I know I got extremely lucky with my car. The price, the options, certification, etc. But I worked to get it at that price using the book numbers. Right time, right place and a lot of negotiations. I've had a 1/2 dozen people email me off the board and thank me helping them by a Pcar in recent months. I don't think I am an expert, just a guy who likes a bargain..

btw, even though I am extremely happy with my purchase and what I spent, Book Value shows that I overpaid.. Go figure!!

Have a great weekend.
Old 05-31-2002, 05:13 PM
B-Line
Drifting

I am sorry John,

But are you excusing or defending Chris's blatant Anti Semitism??

Regardless of what conversation happened between Chris and I, do you actually think he had a justification for making those remarks??
Old 05-31-2002, 05:21 PM
john#6
Advanced

Not excusing or defending.
Have had too many unpleasant experiences doing business over the years, as I'm sure have you.
Difference is that I don't carry on about those long past experiences in a public forum.
All that I did was respond to a question which jchanson asked with an honest appraisal of my experiences with the exotic car dealers in Springfield.
Can we let it rest now?
Old 05-31-2002, 05:36 PM
B-Line
Drifting

I have had many unpleasant professional experiences doing business over the years as well. I am sure we all have.

I guess the difference is, I have never attributed the unpleasantness to someone's race, religion, or color.

I don't carry on about Premiere cars, I never mentioned a thing about the whole ugly incident. But once I realized this was important information for fellow Rennlisters, I saw a valueable reason to share my experience.
Maybe, just maybe, John, if you were Jewish, or African American, or Asian, or whatever, you might understand.

Can we let it rest?? I've expressed my feelings about Chris and Premiere. I believe we can...
Old 05-31-2002, 05:41 PM
Chris - 97C2
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Gentlemen,

Thank you all very much for posting your responses, but at this point I really feel badly that this seems to have gotten out of hand. So I am going to close this topic in the interest of .... well .... "let's all have a nice weekend".

That said, my post was just part of due diligence on my part being new to the Porsche world and not wanting to get stuck with a lemon. I will most assuredly check out the car in person and with a qualified PPI mechanic before purchase.

Thanks again,

Chris

Quick Reply: Premiere Sportscars and Springfield, MO PPI