Wiper Blades

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 10:16 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Wiper Blades

I needed to replace the small wiper blade (15") and went out and bought a Bosch replacement blade from the local auto parts store. Now I see that it leaves a small portion of the bottom left side of the windshield untouched.

Is there cure for this? I have since read in the archives about changing only the rubber inserts themselves instead of the entire blade. Is there a way to fix the blade I have (slight bending?) or should I just purchase the OEM inserts? Will that solve the missing wiper stroke area? I still have the original blade to mount the rubber inserts into if I need to do that to solve my problem.

TIA
Old 06-15-2004, 12:26 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I think you are talking about the bottom of the windscreen on the driver's side - right?

Mine don't hit that little section either, but if you look at the windscreen, it has a pretty strong angle and that area shouldn't impede your vision at all. You can try to bend the blade, but if you bend it far enough to hit that section of the windscreen, the bend may cause you to have a section in the middle of the blade that doesn't hit the windscreen where it isn't as angled.

I wouldn't worry about it at all!!!

-Skip

Quick Reply: Wiper Blades