Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

has anyone had experience w/ bentley downers grove in IL?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 01:57 PM
evdean
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default has anyone had experience w/ bentley downers grove in IL?

my buddy is looking at a 99 c4 from them. are there any reputable shops for a ppi in the downers grove IL area?

thanks
Old 06-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Bill - Chicago
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought a 745i from them, good price and they came through with a few things after the sale. I would use midwest eurosport or Ed Napleton porshce for a ppi. they are both fairly close. Ed Napleton is right now the block.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:19 PM
volv4life
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My friend (bobby) dad owns the dealership but to tell you the truth no idea... Other then I lived right by there when at school (I live off 75th) but I am in ohio now. Otherwise I would talk to bobby and see what kind of deal you could get!
Old 06-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IIRC, I considered buying a '99 996 from them, but a PPI revealed that the car had several issues inc. bodywork with three different shades of yellow, door hinge, and non-factory spec coolant.

Needless to say, I'm glad the PPI didn't work out as I'm much happier with the 993 I have today!
Old 06-09-2004, 06:34 PM
steve g
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Same guys as Luxury Motors...

SteveC4S from MD bought his C4S from the same guys. You may want to 'seach' his experience on this board. They are also known as Luxury Motors.
I've not had any direct dealings with them but there is a Porsche dealership - Ed Napleton - just down the road. I got my wiring harness/updated pulleys done at Napleton a year ago when I bought my 35K mile car. I think SteveC4S got his car inspected at Napleton along with other work that his car needed before he made the trip from IL to MD.
For an independent, I highly recommend Midwest Eurosport in Bensenville who performed the most recent service and suspension upgrade for my C2.
You should also get a bodyshop evaluate the car as another part of a thorough PPI.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:05 AM
Sachin Misra
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I got my C4S at Luxury as well. I know those guys very well. Although they are nice guys, make sure you get a PPI, as they are more of a "Volume" dealership and don't necessarily disclose everything they should.

Ask for Mitchell, he is a good friend of mine and won't do you wrong.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Steve G - So funny! I was reading this thread, just about to post a reply, and you made mention of my experience in the last post I just read. You have a great memory as that was 17 months ago!

As most of you know, ad nauseum, I bought my car from Gino at Luxury Motors aka Bentley Downer's Grove and had a terrific experience. They advertised the C4S for $40500, 58k mi, suspiciously cheaper than most other's I had seen, & 750 mi from home. THEY brought it to Napleton for the PPI (I was grateful to them for going the extra mile) and it only cost me $315 for the PPI (only! ouch ) It came up needing tires, clutch, lower cam cover gasket (oil leaking a bit) - all of which I paid out of pocket to have fixed. Luxury Motors ended up putting on a $450 windshield for free as it was delaminating. Crazy as it sounds, I had the Bentley people do ALL the work to the car including the tires (that I had drop shipped from Tire Rack) before I flew out there to hand them a cashiers check and drive it home.

Gino met me at the Doubletree at 815am the next morning, on a Sunday, on his day off, with his lovely wife waiting in his Mercedes SL500, and handed me over the car. It was beautiful, just as described. I love this car!

I hope your buddy has a good experience too. I was generally happy with what Napleton came up with on the car and their ease in getting it in. I'm sure a Rennlister could look at the car for your buddy too if he's lucky. I had 2 guys nice enough to take pics and Sachin Misra even drove it for me. If they hadn't done this, I wouldn't have bought the car .

Steve

PS - you can't switch your friend over to a 993?
Old 06-10-2004, 11:50 AM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts
Default bought my benz at luxury

bought my MB there, and they took it to local MB dealer for me for ppi. no hesitation. they shipped the car over in their own nice closed trailer, and was in fine shape. (nearly new anyway).
the 'kid' driver (20 ish russian guy about 6'8" ) was so afraid to drive thru NYC he was nearly in tears on th phone.. had to talk him thru, or i wouldve had to meet him in NJ , he was terrified. car was fine and got a bigger laugh when i saw the size of this fraidy-cat!
good luck , j.

Quick Reply: has anyone had experience w/ bentley downers grove in IL?