Dashboard Cover and Guage Cluster Removal

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Nemick42
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard Cover and Guage Cluster Removal

Hi All,

Can anyone advise or point me to details on how to remove the dashboard and guage cluster assembly. I have a strange clunk coming from somewhere behind the guages and I would like to fix it. It sounds as though something has come loose and it clunks and rattles now when I go over some bumps.
Any help, advice or directions would be most welcome.

Thanks
Old 06-07-2004, 03:41 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

You can remove the gauges and see pretty much what's back there ... just use a screwdriver wrapped in a shop towel or a dull putty knife to pull the speedo; the others can be pushed out by hand at that point.

Vic
95 C4 cab
Old 06-07-2004, 03:52 PM
Jeff 993TT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From this page: http://p-car.com/diy/fanswitch/

Additional Notes on Switch Locations
Dash mounting
When mounting a dash switch, you will need to remove your dash first. To remove your dash:

Place masking tape over the defroster vents. Remove the screws that hold the plastic defroster deflector in place.
Remove the two other screws that were under the plastic defroster deflector. Be careful NOT to drop any screws!
On both sides to the dash, there are black plastic covers. Gently pry that out. It is just held in by friction.
In the "middle" hole under the black plastic cover, put a phillips screwdriver in there and fish around until you find a screw head. Unscrew that. Repeat on the other side.
Remove the clock gauge. The clock is just held in by a LOT of friction. I used a small screwdriver gently pry the clock away from the dash, and then used LOTS of finger strength to finally get the clock out. I had worked up a good sweat after just pulling out the clock!
With the clock removed, feel around to the right and you'll feel a small stud with a bolt on it. This is that last remaining piece holding your dash in place. I used a 10 MM socket head and carefully removed the bolt. Be careful NOT to drop anything here!

Old 06-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Nemick42
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vic, Jeff,

Thanks a lot for the help.

Quick Reply: Dashboard Cover and Guage Cluster Removal