Latest pics of the Blue Meanie

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 01:04 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 63 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally posted by Robert Henriksen
Danny, it looks absolutely gorgeous. I'm intrigued by the cage design, I'd never seen braces run off the transmission tunnel before.
Yes that is an interesting design isn't it? Heigo calls the cage
"Porsche 993 RS inkl. Tunnelstützstreben" With this long word obviously meaning Tunnel something My thinking was that if Porsche trusts this design then its good enough for me...

http://www.heigo.de/ASP/index.asp?PI...2&SCAT=Porsche

Princenton I'm afraid to ask what you are up to again! If you make it on the west coast you should trek up north to my town as well, I have a spare room ready for you! I'm sure though the west coast boys will show you the incredible hospitality they showed me so you will end up staying there... A visit to ViperBob's mahal is a MUST

Bob, let me know if you get a good pricing on these uprights... While I'm completely broke now, I will need to budget for the evos this year...

Thanks again all for the kind words... I'll ask the guys at Rennsport to take some more pics... I'm dying to see them as well!
Old 05-31-2004, 01:10 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob, let me know if you get a good pricing on these uprights... While I'm completely broke now, I will need to budget for the evos this year...
I may be interested in some evos also.....
Old 05-31-2004, 02:31 AM
Suwipin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.... very cool car, Danny

I'm looking forward to more pictures of Blue Meanie

Any chance Blue Meanie going to pay a visit to SF Bay Area? i.e. when it's being driven from Texas to Vancouver?
Old 05-31-2004, 06:33 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Suwipin

Any chance Blue Meanie going to pay a visit to SF Bay Area? i.e. when it's being driven from Texas to Vancouver?
Pin I doubt she will be driven from Texas to Vancouver... those JRZ's they will need a rebuilt after a 3K road trip, plus the spring combo and seats are not extremely comfortable for such a long haul... However I see the BL being towed from Texas to Vancouver with a couple of stopovers in Monterey and the SF area like this past January
Old 05-31-2004, 10:50 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very cool Danny, like Phil, I appreciate stock Porsches. And yes, more pics please!

One mistake I noticed though... You have stereo in your race car, now call the shop and have them to throw it away!
Old 05-31-2004, 11:19 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Looks great, Danny. The JRZ install looks super clean.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:57 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 998 Likes on 515 Posts

Danny,
Have you had any issues with the PCA scrutineers? I have the Heigo bar, not cage, and they didn't like the bolt in feature in the back. However, mine is not the ame as yours.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:06 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While the cage looks very nice it is not the cage that Porsche used in the Carrera RS club sport model. It used a fully welded in cage by the Matter company identical to that used by the Cup model.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:46 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Danny - Lookin' sharp. It must be agonizing to wait to turn the key. How much longer before it's completed?
Old 05-31-2004, 05:06 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by Flying Finn
Very cool Danny, like Phil, I appreciate stock Porsches. And yes, more pics please!

One mistake I noticed though... You have stereo in your race car, now call the shop and have them to throw it away!
Ha ha...I know you guys appreciate stock cars I will actually replace it with a CD player I got from Viperbob
When the driver ( me ) loose the weight that he needs first then i will worry about the extra radio weight Till then a pound here and there does not make a difference when I drive the car!

JC you are absolutely right about the matter cage. Since matter is out of business though I was under the impression that Heigo is the official Porsche supplier? I also believe that they did some pieces for the 964,993 cup cars like the strut brace? At any rate like I said if Porsche trusts them with their cage/rollbar designs then its good enough for me.

Alan, The cage I have is the steel version and the anchoring points are welded and bolted to the car . So it should be ok... like you said though in a way I hope and pray about the PCA scruts as I have seen some weird rullings. Like I said above I really wanted a safe cage and I trust Porsche R&D regarding the design and construction. It is very confusing some times with many different opinions on safety to really find the 'best" solution. On a recent accident in a Porsche club race , I was told that the super stiff custom cage that was installed in that car ,was partially responsible for the driver getting hurt in that accident. Things like that and me not been anywhere close to being an expert of any short make me go the most sensible and safe way. Motorsports are dangerous, we all know that and I hope that the PCA scruts will agree with my line of logic that trusting a company like heigo would not be unreasonable.

Dan I plan to run the car at the end of July
Old 05-31-2004, 05:25 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Yikers..!!!

Danny - just logged in long enough to get caught up - and FANTASTIC!!!!

BTW: I sort of agree with Kim - never, nevvveeerrrr say "done".. "Work in progress" would be more accurate - as it takes a LOT of work to keep everything bone "stock" and still go faster. Not that you'd want to go faster - being the HWFM 1st mate - but it might "look" faster - even though it probably won't be too fast....

Anyway - OUTSTANDING!!!!

(BTW2: When my car grows up - I think it want to be more like yours )
Old 05-31-2004, 06:41 PM
Matt Vaughan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Danny, the car is looking awesome. Seeing the workmanship in person at Mike's does more justice.

That cage design is so cool it actually allows easier access to the back than a DAS bar would!

I love it!
Old 06-02-2004, 02:41 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Here is one more pic of the floorboards on both sides. The boss ( Mike Callas) is on a trip right now expected to come back sometime this week. I will get the pricing and post it for you guys:
Attached Images  
Old 06-02-2004, 03:10 AM
nman413
Drifting

Danny, ah cool!
Old 06-02-2004, 03:20 AM
Suwipin
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Silver Bullet
You MUST time your stops in Monterey and SF with track events at Laguna Seca and Sears Point (forget the Infineon name...).

I see a Jun 20 event at Sears Point (NorCal Racing) and Jun 26-27 event at LS (Coastal Driving School (MBR/LPR PCA))...spend the week in CA...

Too soon? I also see a Sears Point event on July 25 with Green Flag Racing....
It'll be great to see Blue Meanie and Yellow Zonker on the track together

Quick Reply: Latest pics of the Blue Meanie